It's me

Please let us know why you're here and if you know how to use a 3/8th Gripely to ream your trunnions square....
SV2
Le Deux Chevaux Geek

It's me

Post by SV2 »

Bit ironic you tightened up the free and easygoing forum so quickly!

I was lurking as I am still narked by what happened on Autoshite. I'm torn between missing you lot and not really enjoying some of the stuff, I can't understand the vitriol.

Can I see the lentil cave again pretty please?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: It's me

Post by Hooli »

Give me a clue, I'm afraid I don't remember your username sorry.

As you no doubt saw, it got tightened up as the bunch of reprobates here wanted it doing.
Private signature, do not read
SV2
Le Deux Chevaux Geek

Post by SV2 »

Come on man!

SV rhymes with 2cv
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Buggered if I know, I never pay attention to who people are but ya in. Hang on while I fiddle behind the scenes.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I've just clicked from your email!
You should be in now & welcome.
SV2
Le Deux Chevaux Geek

Post by SV2 »

I was going to sack the lot off, but AS was the only place I went on the web and even if it is "just a forum" and I ought to get a life, as I was often told over there, I miss it.

I really valued the interests knowledge opinions and varied expertise contain in that one little refuge of weirdos. These past weeks I have done things I wanted to post about and have thought several times "I bet someone on AS would know" :(

I am so sad it's been spoiled, especially the way it has. I am hoping that I can get some of what it was back here but I really am struggling with some of what's been said especially about Ian who is a personal friend. All I can say is I don't agree, I don't expect to change your minds but the nastiness doesn't make for enjoyable reading. Which is why I held off registering.
SV2
Le Deux Chevaux Geek

Post by SV2 »

Thanks
John F

Post by John F »

SV2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 pm Come on man!

SV rhymes with 2cv
At a guess - Louise. Welcome in, lass :)
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Welcome back Louise we have missed you :cry:

I dont have a problem with Ian as a person,ill admit I dont get the Invacar craze and often wish he would degrease stuff before putting it back together but as a person I dont have an issue with him and I dont think anybody wanted to see his marriage come to an end either :cry:

I think AS is too broken now sadly all we can do is be weirdos here and created our own little oasis of eccentricity akin to AS of old :roll:

But anyway yeh good to see you back :mrgreen:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
NergleFuttocks
Globalist Imperialist Pig Dog!

Post by NergleFuttocks »

Great to see you here!

The Ian thing is, as I understand it, not a completely personal thing (although having ignored me entirely when recognizing him and saying a polite hello at Cambridge Services a few years ago did colour him a tad poorly for me).

I think the hero-worship stuff from his own little corner of the web has just grated on a few people, who either are not looking for a hero, or just feel that kind of popularity clashes with the philosophy of the site. Wordy wordy...

I like a Viz analogy: it is like the real ale twats made the incongruous choice to settle into Sid the Sexist’s flat roofed local.

I am done with Invacars too. It is overload. He is caught up in that.

Quite a number of people just don’t seem to enjoy him, his delivery or his popularity. Go public and that is the risk I guess.

Anyway, hope that doesn’t spoil your time here. I have always enjoyed your contributions.