What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Re: What did you do today?

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

I stripped and rebuilt a BMW E90 diff.
stillOrange

Post by stillOrange »

chadders wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:45 pm I didn't realise the assyrians were still a distinctive group of people, I've always thought of them as having disappeared many years ago.
There is rather large diaspora living here in Sweden who very much identify themselves as Assyrians.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

dean36014 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 pm I present the giffer parking aid.
My granddad used to always reverse into his garage and had a wooly pom pom instead of a tennis ball on a string that was positioned to contact the rear window.

I think he saved his tennis ball for a tow ball cover.
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Post by BenHar »

stillOrange wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:57 pm Now I'm going to have an assyrian (he is very proud of his roots judging by amount of flags and posters on his salon's walls) gent tidy up my beard. I'm spoiling myself.
Were his cohorts gleaming in purple and gold?

Ben
stillOrange

Post by stillOrange »

Yup, yet not a spear in sight...
christine

Post by christine »

Droplinks and arb bushes on the rear of the Honda hr-v... Only 2 bolts sheared in their captive nuts, so had a delightful job drilling them out and retapping them , on me back . I was going to do the front ones too , but my wife drove through a pile of human vomit this morning she told me , and it was plastered on the arch and tyre .. I'll go up the garage and jet wash it first , and do them tomorrow . I bought some new wheels and tyres for it from Retro rides last week ,so they're going on too. I bought some spigot rings to suit , as they're from a Skyline .
The Pajero was sorned around christmas time , I noticed some small holes under the inner wheel arch , which would fail an mot due to seat belt mounting less than 30cm away. Today i pulled off the bodykit wide arch and hit it with a hammer and there's a fooking big hole . I next took off the sill cover and side step, and the corrosion has crept along the sill ..hole is now enormous !! I'll bring home the mig welder and fix it next week . Funnily enough , the membrane between the inner ( also holed ) and outer sill still has paint on it and is like new .. Chassis is rock solid
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

I put a couple of spanner racks up to stop me wasting hours trying to rake through drawers and tool boxes trying to find the right size. Screwed in some hanging nails and a shelf and made an attempt to tidy up.

Some bench visible

I know it looks a mess but you should have seen it before.
HMC

Post by HMC »

Discovered more rust on the Vito shit heap; not hard as you might expect.
1962 p4 80 // 1963 minor // 2005 streetwise
christine

Post by christine »

The deathly knocking at the rear end of me HRV continued after I'd renewed the ARB bushes and droplinks .I was livid .. :twisted: today i did the front ARB droplinks and silence !!! :D I was sure the knock was at the back end ! The vomit was still on the tyre.. :( but i fitted new wheels and tyres all round
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

I manged to slice off the tip of my Finger with a carving knife whilst washing the dishes :oops:

And they say working on cars is dangerous :roll:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.