What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
dean36014

Re: What did you do today?

Post by dean36014 »

Last little jobs on the bx done, rear brakes bled and a new stripe down his flanks. All ready for a mot now after I've bedded in the new brakes. Hopefully then he'll be ready for his trip to France next month. Then swapped cars around and got the Merc up in the air. When I replaced all the lpg pipes on the inlet manifold on moving a vacuum pipe off the inlet manifold I'd somehow dislodged it off the autobox. Unfortunately this vacuum pipe flares the gearchange, without it connected you get whiplash every gearchange. I can see the connection, I can just about touch the connection, but having hands like dinner plates means I can't get the bloody pipe reconnected due to lack of space. It didn't help the pipework was hot on the box too so after ramming my hand in the available space after a few seconds was skin was getting unpleasantly warm! Will try again tomorrow when things are cooler. Then spent the rest of the day binge watching 5 episodes of the new season 4 of Lucifer.
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Mot booked for tomorrow for the Bx, hopefully won't need much as I'm taking it to Normandy next month to tour ww2 sites.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

finally admitted the wiper motor in the Minor is Brocken. Cleaned every contact in the circuit, tried a different switch (why?) and hit it with the fuel pump naughty hammer. Having done one before I seem to remember it's a haemorrhoid to change - fits upside down on a little razor-edge tripod thing that was specially designed to hinder access to the third bolt (of course the bolt that actually holds it in).

It's the time one wastes on this kind of caper - searching through boxes of scrap in both garages before finally admitting that I don't have a spare one after all and somehow causing Lucas smoke to escape from the fuel pump circuit when I dropped a live wire during the circuit test. Changed all the wiring to that now, as well. Went to the local motor factor only to find out he is closing for good next week after 25 years. That is a proper bastard.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Max Thunder

Post by Max Thunder »

8-) Hi
This probably should have been posted yesterday but the thread is called What did you do today and not called What did you f*ck up today
So this morning was spent reattaching the front bumper and wheel arch extension on this
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg (174.78 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
After I decided to give this
20190512_062855.jpg
20190512_062855.jpg (831.73 KiB) Viewed 5092 times
A bit* of a nudge so it was in the right place for it to be collected by Car-takeback see Bridging a car in the lentil cave
The Colt would drive but leaked fuel from the tank* (this may have only started after I had drained about 20litres out )
The Mazda tried to mount the Colt and pulled the bumper etc off
I am an idiot
8-) Hi ...I might be wrong but I won't be.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

What I did yesterday was drive a minibus full of oldies to the Glasgow transport museum.

It was good and so was the tall ship on the Clyde.

I mostly forgot to take pictures

fried onions

Post by fried onions »

mercrocker wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:54 pm finally admitted the wiper motor in the Minor is Brocken. Cleaned every contact in the circuit, tried a different switch (why?) and hit it with the fuel pump naughty hammer. Having done one before I seem to remember it's a haemorrhoid to change - fits upside down on a little razor-edge tripod thing that was specially designed to hinder access to the third bolt (of course the bolt that actually holds it in).

It's the time one wastes on this kind of caper - searching through boxes of scrap in both garages before finally admitting that I don't have a spare one after all and somehow causing Lucas smoke to escape from the fuel pump circuit when I dropped a live wire during the circuit test. Changed all the wiring to that now, as well. Went to the local motor factor only to find out he is closing for good next week after 25 years. That is a proper bastard.
At least it's not hidden away up behind the glovebox on the scuttle like the early cars. I passed your coal shed cum village smithy cum garage t'other day on my way home, to pick up some Esso crossply tyres for my Traveller.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Blimey, long way for some old tyres! Still got some Esso plugs in the boot of mine, probably never use them as I don't want to open the packaging!
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

I did go Beaulieu as well, but as the tyres weren't far from there I took advantage. 5 matching NOS crossply for £100, can't be bad, one is knackered but will do for a spare.
Squire Dawson

Conrad D. Conelrad

Post by Conrad D. Conelrad »

They're 40 year old tyres from famous tyre manufacturer ESSO. They're all knackered.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Conrad D. Conelrad wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:12 pm They're 40 year old tyres from famous tyre manufacturer ESSO. They're all knackered.
But, but! MOI CLASSIC TIRE!
Squire Dawson