EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: EBay Finds

Post by DodgeRover »

Right hopefully my new van is coming over at the back end of the year, it's heading from North Dakota down to California where it's shipping out of, the owner is planning on loading it up in the back but it might be possible to shove in cuts of Cadillac?
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

fried onions wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:05 pm
paulplom wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 am Cheap and quite local to me.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 083204617/
What's the craic with this, then? Is it roadworthy or knackered? Link please.
Click the bit that says 'about a week ago'.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Ah, like a secret level on an old Super Mario game.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
Old Wrinkly
Hubnutting Double Cunt!

Post by Old Wrinkly »

Seller's Description
The owner has had it over a decade and since 28k. It hasn't moved since 2019 where it was parked due to a new vehicle. It was running and in daily use previous. It runs sweet as a nut and I have videos of it going. Drives back and forth. Needs a new exhaust which comes with it. Body work a bit ropey in places. Collected from Sunderland. Would make a great winter project to save a rover's life!
eddyramrod
The Invacare Destroyer

Post by eddyramrod »

Thank you all! Xtriple, yes indeed you did make the offer, and although I didn't take it, I was grateful that someone made it. As I am now to those of you who have joined in with further offers.
Unfortunately, there is another issue, that no amount of money can cure: MrsR has taken a terminal dislike to the car since the alternator caused all those problems three years ago. She will never ride in it again. Now I love my Cadillac; your Cadillac, anybody's Cadillac, I don't care, I'm a fan, as long as it's about 25 years old or more. But I love MrsR too, I mean in a couple of years we will reach our silver wedding anniversary! I want to be able to take her places with me, and in this car that will never happen.
I'm not stupid. I do see the sense in getting hold of proper dry-state panels and having them professionally fitted and painted. I'm also well aware that this is a much bigger job than it looks at first glance. Several panels will be needed, some of them huge (like the hood and trunk, for example). Even if they can be sourced across the pond - and there's no guarantee! - purchase costs will very quickly exceed the donations already pledged (and very kindly so too, thank you!). While the parts are being fitted and painted (by whom, where and at what cost?) the car will be away from me for many months. There is no garage local to me that I would or could trust to do the work; I don't even know one that would consider taking it on. So we're looking at businesses further afield. I've already lost one car that way, after a local garage did nothing with it for far too long and I sent it up to Scotland, where at least the job was started (but never finished); and another after a different local garage took the job on and then bailed out. So please understand my reluctance to let this one go where I can't realistically visit it. And after all that, there's the interior. Just the back seat could run to four figures.
Therefore, the Cadillac is on the market. Also on the market (and with some interest) is the Vauxhall Astra that I'm using as a daily. I am very seriously considering reducing the fleet to just the wife's Motability car. My entire life has been spent around old cars, and I'm now unable to justify having one, let alone two.
I appear to be derailing a thread that's supposed to be about ebay finds. Sorry. I didn't mean to.
Custodian of an ungrateful Jag.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Not seen one go like this before.

we do not have the keys for this vehicle.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165028116369 ... SwbmthH5cP
Squire Dawson

fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Eddy, you won't want to hear it but you'll never sell that car. The harsh truth is, the car is junk and I don't know why you've priced it at the level you have, but I recall the listing you bought it from all those years ago, and it hasn't improved or gained value since then.
Squire Dawson

AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

fried onions wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:46 pm Not seen one go like this before.

Judging by the state of it it has been in a lake - there’s probably a Skeleton locked in the boot.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

AMCrebel wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:45 pm
fried onions wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:46 pm Not seen one go like this before.

Judging by the state of it it has been in a lake - there’s probably a Skeleton locked in the boot.
Lovely bit of patina too.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Landcrab from the year I was born. Quite local too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304115916544 ... Sw9OphIi8E
Attachments
landcrab.jpg
landcrab.jpg (113.17 KiB) Viewed 1860 times