Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by Drum »

No need for sticky tyres when you hooli corner
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Just got home-absolutely fucked!! I'll calculate my mileage since 27th April tomorrow.

My plan was to take the NC750 to Morocco, then change to the Triumph Street Triple for Czechia. Had a change of mind the morning I was heading off to stick to the Honda, as I knew i would be doing big, fast mileage days on my way home, and the Honda has some wind protection.

As for tyres, I put a pair of Bridgestone BT016 Pro's on it about 1000 kms before I left for Morocco. Still legal tread after 10,000 kms or so, a bit squared off though from the last two days. I'll just have to use the bike on the twisty roads now. Think they will be good for another 2k to 3k yet.
Helps the tyre longevity when the Honda only puts out 54bhp or so, my Street Triple 107bhp, which has the same tyres, BT016 Pro's, very near to the wear markers at 7000 kms.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Insert my usual comment about really not liking Bridgestones here.
Private signature, do not read
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Hooli wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:21 pm Insert my usual comment about really not using half of the Bridgestones dual compound here.
FTFY :lol:
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

You haven't had the shit tyre experience until you've tried Pneumants.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

I fitted them because the owner of the bikeshop near me recommended them highly. Maybe it's because it is dry and hot here, and the roads are well surfaced, that they work so well.

But I did use Michelin Macadams for years when commuting, as they were so cheap. Wasn't much grip wet or dry, but they lasted well over 10,000 miles on my GSX-R and Fireblades.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Every Bridgestone I've tried has made the steering really heavy & not lasted that well. Along with crap grip in the wet from the older versions.

But then I've only tried the touring ones, not the sporty ones.
Private signature, do not read
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Off here in the morning, not too far from home. Going on their website for the exact address, I found I could book an test ride on the new Stelvio. 15.00 slot booked.
Moto Guzzi Meet 2024.jpg
Moto Guzzi Meet 2024.jpg (114.65 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

I picked my colleague up from his house yesterday because he has injured his leg and can't ride his bike.
Judging by the noise coming from my left hand side he enjoyed his sidecar ride.
We went round my brother's house and my brother tried to drive the combo, he was fucking useless at it, which somehow was my fault, even though i sat in as ballast to give him a fighting chance.
Later we went to Whitwell Station bike night, where i mused on the fact that there aren't many bike riders under the age of fifty these days, imho soley due to successive governments making it so hard to get a bike now.
I then called a prick on an extremely ugly supercharged Kawasaki a cunt and told him to shut the fuck up and stop being a fucking cunt because he was just sitting there banging it off the rev limiter, i was standing within arms length of him, he rode away and five seconds later came across my twin brother who also called him a cunt and told him to fucking grow up, i bet he was wondering how i seemingly got in front of him so quickly.
First bike meet i have really been to for a while, mainly because i have developed a disliking for people who buy machines, ride them once a week and think they are bikers. Most of them are just fat, bald wannabe posers.
Fussake, does anybody bother terrorising Grandma's these days?
Last edited by Yellowperil on Sat May 25, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

I are an technocripple.
Last edited by Yellowperil on Sat May 25, 2024 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.