Greetings from the other side of the world

Please let us know why you're here and if you know how to use a 3/8th Gripely to ream your trunnions square....
Nibblet

Re: Greetings from the other side of the world

Post by Nibblet »

Welcome to a little piece of our hellish Covid blighted tosshole, be glad that at any time you can retreat back to Jacindaland where all the beautiful people reside.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
Xkjagnz

Post by Xkjagnz »

Also in enzed, South Head North of Auckland, just turned to the dark side from the beige, thanks Sheefag and yesouisee for the push
TooManyPeopleMovers

Post by TooManyPeopleMovers »

DodgeRover wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:33 pm Welcome along, there were some Montegos in NZ years ago, they might have been personal imports though. I didn't pay them much mind as I spent my time trying to find an affordable Valiant Charger or hardtop Falcon....
Thank you - I've only ever seen three - a white MG Montego saloon, a blue VDP saloon, and a red Montego Countryman. I've the Countryman as it was for sale at one stage and thought it might be something I'd like to try. The owner told me he had it personally imported from the United Kingdom, and that as far as he knew it was the only one in New Zealand.

The Montego has a nice driving position but the example in question was not a good one....even if it was the only one in New Zealand, it certainly wasn't the one for me. Very poorly maintained and lots of work to do, which was not perhaps reflected in the price.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I wonder if you can pull any details from Carjam about how many are/ were registered in NZ, they were probably in better condition 20+ years ago when I saw them..