Welcome Xtriple

Please let us know why you're here and if you know how to use a 3/8th Gripely to ream your trunnions square....
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Re: Welcome Xtriple

Post by bub2006 »

Hello xtriple. Great to see you.
SV2
Le Deux Chevaux Geek

Post by SV2 »

I think it's worth recapping.

1. Hooli got put on temp ban/premod (because he had a spat with someone (Grumpious?). The other guy called people C**ts but didn't get banned.

2. Moog set up a separate and unconnected forum for people who wanted to talk about politics/religion and all the other stuff we are told is "not allowed" as per the "rules" (that no one has ever seen or I suspect, written).

3. Hooli got permanently banned from AS.

4. Mods were repeatedly asked if they banned him for what was written on the unconnected forum, as we had been assured mods would not moderate AS members for stuff not posted on AS.

5. Mods said it was probably a technical glitch, they had no idea what had happened and would look into it and they were deeply hurt that we could suspect them of having done something like that without even considering for a second that it might just be a software error, which is what it actually was.

6. Fast forward 10mins, mods "release a statement" that they did ban Hooli because although the other forum is separate and they did want to keep it separate it was unacceptable for him to call people (the mods mainly) C**ts. (See point 1 for the hypocrisy and double standards. Add in the barefaced lying; and that is why I flounced.).

Why anyone would support these unscrupulous, dishonourable, untrustworthy people by continuing to use what is now *their* forum after being shown such contempt is beyond me. I said as much when I left and asked for my account to be deleted but they didn't bother to do that either.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Looks about right to me, I can't actually remember who I argued with. Grumpytardious is a likely candidate though.
Private signature, do not read
John F

Post by John F »

If this was AS and I was still doing the annual count, which it isn't and I'm not, you would have accumulated two cunt euphemisms there Louise.
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

I am in two minds (and two camps!) about the split. Mainly, I think it's a crying shame. AS was a great forum with friendly and knowledgable people and lots of great content. However, there were 'factions' within and cliques aplenty which I don't like but accept that in any walk of life they will develop.

I now understand the reasons for the split and agree it had to be done. Double standards are not acceptable in any walk of life but, again, when people fall out for whatever reason, they do happen.

Sad stuff :(
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

xtriple wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:10 pm I am in two minds (and two camps!) about the split. Mainly, I think it's a crying shame. AS was a great forum with friendly and knowledgable people and lots of great content. However, there were 'factions' within and cliques aplenty which I don't like but accept that in any walk of life they will develop.

I now understand the reasons for the split and agree it had to be done. Double standards are not acceptable in any walk of life but, again, when people fall out for whatever reason, they do happen.

Sad stuff :(
Not to worry worse things happen at sea, what's your latest purchase? Has Chester decided you are safe to be left alone yet?
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Chester bless him is my constant shadow nowadays, in fact, I am lying on the floor typing this and he is under the duvet with his head on my bum (he's a brave mutt it has to be said!). I need to slim him down a bit: as I feel guilty about things I have been spoiling them both and his belly has become, vast! It doesn't help that I am trying to put some weight on as I lost so much when I had given up my face has sort of, collapsed! I can not resist giving them some of everything I eat, they expect it now and sit there waiting...

Latest purchase is a Mercedes SLK 350.

I made the mistake of trying to buy another Merc and advertised the old CLK thinking it would be a chore to get rid of and I needed the space and the no claims. Turned out the car I wanted and was all set to buy was a dog (and not of the good and faithful type!) and so I walked away. Sadly, the CLK sold in minutes and was collected the next day so I had to find something I wanted in double-quick time.

I like the SLK to be honest, it's a bit small for all three of us and the mutts quarrel about who's sitting where but as Phoebe now stays at home a lot, getting to be less of a problem. Boy, I will say this thing flies! I guess because it is a small car with a BIG engine (my favourite spec) it is bound to :)

I did decide that I wanted another CLK but newer and with a better spec and in better condition. None around! I looked at a few but they all had rust around the arches, some, much newer than my outgoing car, were much worse for rust, and I HATE rust! I did consider an 'S' class but they are huge and I don't need 'huge' even though I really like them.