Crash! Bang! Wallop!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Crash! Bang! Wallop!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Aren't they meant for tracking pikey transits so that the police can avoid them and stay safe?
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

In fairness I wager the polis collar the same muppets time after time and the courts don't deal with them effectively. In short, it's a thankless task
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Yeah, that's a good point.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

chadders wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:18 am If better road safety was the objective they'd move about 200 yards nearer the Primary School and try and stop all the yummy mummy SUVs doing u turns or pulling out without looking first.
The U turns bit has just reminded me of a classic piece of driving I saw this morning. The entrance to our industrial estate is on a fast busy road which is about a mile long with a roundabout at each end. When the entrance was put in all the tennents were warned not to do illegal right turns coming in or out of the site as the police take a very dim view of it. This morning 3 cars in a row all pulled out making an illegal right turn and guess what the cars were ?? Yeap 3 fucking coppers and they can't use the emergency excuse as none of them had their blues and two's on.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:03 am There's a couple of those wizened old cunts in the next village always out in their folding chairs with dayglo jackets and clipboards. I've had a letter about my excessive speed in both Morrises from there. I don't condone breaking a 30mph speed limit but these bellends sit right inside the 30 limit zone on the far side of the village just where it comes off the motorway slip. If somebody is up your arse (probably one of their fucking inbred offspring) you cannot always hammer it down from 50mph just to make their hairdriers not go ping.
A few years ago, my Dad was on the Village Parish Wehrmacht and got involved in this busybody speed camera shit. It went so well they convinced the Old Bill to get a real Camera van to set up occasionally.
First person they caught? Yes, my Old Man then all the other doddery fuckers in the village over the next couple of weeks! At least they were able to log any suspicious cars driving through or, more importantly anybody that might have been a bit foreign looking.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

I don't think being smart is a prerequisite for becoming a Peeler.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

I got done last Thursday by a Scamera Van. First time ever. The road by me has changed from 60 to 40. Van on the bend of the road. The road runs between industrial estates. BASTARDS. No junctions or lay-bys on the road.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Should have burnt it, just black up first & you'd be left off.
Private signature, do not read
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

They are very sneaky in their methods, usually hiding behind some obstruction just after a speed limit reduction sign. I almost got caught at Everton on the Bawtry Road by one of these covert camera cowards. As I usually just ease off the throttle ahead of a speed reduction and don't touch the brake, so am not always travelling at the limit after the sign. The rotters.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Entrapment is the word you're looking for.