Claim's Cabbies Corner. Kill crazy rampage imminent.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner DRIVER REQUIRES URGENT ASSISTANCE

Post by Warren t claim »

Eddie Honda wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 am That's what I meant. Other Driver = Fannybaws MondeoMan.
Although I've attended much worse I was really concerned about this one due to the relatively remote location coupled with my immediate proximity meaning that I'd potentially be up against anything up to four lads with any help being a long ten to fifteen minutes away.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

That Mondeoman really is a spineless twat. Didn't he sign up here once?
OMG U OK HUN?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

In all fairness, it's actually pretty rare to find myself in life-threatening situations but sadly, they can happen.

A couple of years ago I found myself attending a two car job from a very wealthy area going to just outside of Chester. Unusually for this sort of job it has a CASH UP FRONT QUOTED ABOUT £30 message attached. I rock up to the address to see what's what. It turns out that that it's a family of about six pikeys who've had their van taken off them by the police after turning up at a house to demand payment for some tarmac job. Both myself and an Asian driver in an Auris collect our money up front as agreed and Mummy Pikey, Daddy Pikey and ickle baba Pikey get into my car and the three older kids hop into the Auris. As I know the way I agree to take point and let the Auris follow.

The route options back to the pikey camp site were as follows, the short route clocked about £28 but was 10 minutes longer than the quick route that clocked £33.50. As it was a cash up front job I choose the fastest route and spend the journey chatting to Daddy Pikey who was determined to try and sell me a LHD Merc W123 diesel on Irish plates! When we arrive at the camp we're lead through a maze of caravans until we reach a dead end and stop the cars. After Pikey Parents hop out of my car I get a bang on my window from the other driver demanding help. I hop out to see him arguing for another £3.50 he's owed and apparently Pikey Kids have terrorised him the entire journey.

I survey my limited options. I'm blocked in. The pikey community are surrounding us. We've been paid adequately. We're miles out of area. I can't imagine the local plod being too keen to help. I've got a fellow driver who believes in the taxi code and assuming I'll back him up to the death. I step forward and explain to the fight hungry travellers that this is all my fault and a misunderstanding between myself and the other driver and I should have made it clear to him that I was taking the faster, but longer route. I drag the other (still protesting) driver into his Toyota and tell him forcefully to hit reverse and get out of there at once or I'll kick fuck out of him before leaving what's left of his 5'5" frame for the pikeys to finish off. He engages reverse and does as he's told.

This was just another situation where I can see both sides of the argument and have forced to talk my way out of a pikey beating.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

As we're on the subject of When Passengers Attack I thought I'd give a belated update about the worst one I had to attend.

This was about late 2005 or early 2006. It was about midnight on a Friday night when my datahead screeched loudly to say a fellow driver had hit the panic button. On our old Auriga dataheads we had a silent alarm system where if a driver hit *0 at the same time all other cars were alerted but his set remained silent. The Auriga system relied on an external GPS, a datahead to display jobs and messages all linked to a two way radio.
Sadly a few of us heard his last known address wrongly over the radio and headed to another location about a mile and a half away. Fortunately, the location we went to was high up a hill so we could hear more clearly his exact position so we headed off there.

There was maybe four cars already there when I arrived. I walk over to his silver Peugeot 406 to see him slumped behind the wheel semi-aware of what had happened. He was bleeding heavily and the grey interior of his 406 was both covered in blood and smashed up, one of his attackers had opened his driver's door and kicked away indiscriminately even smashing the Peugeot's cowling on the steering column and breaking the key.
Although this had happened a good 15 minutes earlier there was no sign of police or an ambulance in attendance yet and several drivers were desperately phoning 999 for help only to be told that an ambulance would be at least 15 minutes away and the police were busy at the moment.

Between lapsing in and out of consciousness the driver managed to give a description of his attackers and the circumstances that caused this. It turns out that he'd picked two lads and a woman from a Chinese restaurant and during the three mile journey his passengers had started fighting with each other. When he tried to break it up they all started attacking him!

As we now have a decent description we pair off to look for the cunts. I get into the back of a TX2 belonging to a lad looking for blood and revenge! Fair enough you may think but this lad was maybe 27, looked a bit errrr.... effeminate (although he was dating a hot telephonist at our office) and now way looked like the sort of fella who you'd want backing you up in a fight. We drive around the estate and see some likely suspects. He jumps out and goes all psycho, fair enough but although I'm certain that this group of people knew what happened, and almost certainly know the names we're looking for, there's no blood on any of them and no way could a beating be justified. My hack driving, Rylan Clark-Neal impersonator colleague thinks otherwise and I have to drag him away from getting himself a criminal record.

I get him back in his cab, telling him that although I agree with him it's not worth the fallout without proof and we drive back to the crime scene just as an ambulance is arriving to take our, heavily bleeding, colleague to hospital. The poor cunt waited a good half hour for an ambulance! Still no sign of the plod though. He's taken away and I call for someone I know to recover his car.

Anyway, the following night I'm (illegally but it was sort of tolerated back then) plying for hire outside the row of local nightclubs in town when a mate who works on the doors runs up to my car desperately trying to get my attention. I lower my passenger window and he tells me that there's a young lady in the club who's having an asthma attack! She doesn't want to go to the hospital but wants to go home as she has a nebuliser there that'll get her breathing normally again and could I please get her home PDQ.

He and a couple of other door staff in the club (not all bouncers are cunts) carry her into my car and I hammer it away from there to her home address about three miles away.
My Mondeo at the time had a headlight out so I was running on fog lights as well so I was half expecting a pull anyway that night. I'm "making progress" and we're about halfway there when I see a police car heading towards me, not just any police car but the Merseyside Police puppy walking Fiesta manned by an inspector showing a new probationer the ropes.

He sees a speeding taxi with a headlight bulb out heading toward him and thinks about swerving into my path to stop me but bottles it at the last moment and chooses to turn around and get behind me. I slow down a bit and he throws on his blue lights to stop me. I pull over. I, along with my still struggling to breathe, passenger get out. He gets out of the training car (the training car was the only Fiesta on the police fleet at the time, all other beat cars were Focii back then) along with the young WPC he was trying to impress and strolls over to me all red faced and, keen to look like Mr Big Man in front of his fit probationer starts to scream at me for speeding and having a headlight out. The young WPC can see that my passenger is in distress and looks genuinely concerned for her welfare. Inspector Big Bollocks is having none of my excuses for speeding and starts interrogating my gasping passenger demanding to know if she knows me!

Inspector Arsehole is rapidly learning that he's starting to look like a massive bellend in front of a new recruit that he was trying to impress and is rapidly running out of prosecution options. He demands to know why I didn't call an ambulance. I reply "About this time yesterday one of our drivers got severely beaten and the ambulanve took at least half an hour to arrive, shit I know but it was still a hell of a lot quicker than it took for you lot to turn up". Inspector Limp Dick, knowing that he now looks like a bit of a twat, sends me away to complete my mercy mission with a stern warning to get a new headlamp bulb.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

In all the time I used to spend in a town centre at night I've never known plod to arrive before the ambulance for reports of a fight or violence, odd as they were always a lot closer.

One of the many reasons I've got no respect for them.
Private signature, do not read
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Probably threatening to arrest someone for pissing on the town hall steps as the bogs were closed, as they did me once. I got the same for pissing behind the DHSS offices - it was a long walk home from Stringfellows and the beer doesn't wait.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I'm sure the reason so many front-line ambulance crew get beaten up in the line of duty is because they get there first. Time and time again......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

mercrocker wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am I'm sure the reason so many front-line ambulance crew get beaten up in the line of duty is because they get there first. Time and time again......
I'm damn sure that's the case, as far as I could tell plod hid for 10mins to make sure they weren't ever first on the scene. Then did nothing useful when they arrived.
Private signature, do not read
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I used to drink with a bloke who was in the met. He was the typical rugby playing thug type copper, but lived out in the sticks about 30m miles from London. He used to get so pissed off with the local coppers as if ever there was any trouble in Harlow they used to call the met for back up and all scurry off and hide in the countryside pretending to look for drink drivers. It is a pretty shit job to be a copper but they are supposed to protect the rest of us and surely they know that when they sign up. Now the police force seems to be made up of little hitlers who just want to have an easy life dealing with easy to catch motorists rather than getting stuck in and dealing with the real scum.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

When they start picking on innocent people walking the dog, they're not policing by consent. They are policing by politics. Yet when the same force cannot attend a serious RTC outside of a school involving a pupil, a bus and a transit, they're over-stretched and under funded. Likewise a violent car jacking in a high street in rush hour, traffic stationary, witnesses, CCTV, nothing. Priorities isn't it?