Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
AutoshiteBoy

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner (Again)

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

I HATED selling 306 without PAS mainly because they were a bastard to retail. And hard work to drive around town.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

They were fine if you put 50 psi in the front tyres...
OMG U OK HUN?
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

I realised yesterday that I've been a licensed cab driver for 25 years. I got my licence on my second youngest's 1 st birthday and she was 26 yesterday. I actually failed my Knowledge of The Area test at the first attempt and in those days you had to wait 4 weeks to retry, so I made the long suffering MrsN get her badge as I'd already taken on an airport contract for a local Unisys training centre. She worked our Granada for 4 weeks, giving me shit every single day, needless to say she never renewed her badge or did any more PH work.
Whilst I've not really been at the frontline, fighting drunks and fighting off drunken milfs every night in a big city like mr WTC, over the years I've had to do a bit of local and night work on circuits to supplement my chauffeur work and airport work using my own plated cars.
I had a couple of Montegos and a Sherpa minibus that I rented out for a few years, so when one of them was driverless I'd go out on a Saturday night to earn some cash. You haven't lived till you've helped settle an argument about who gives the best blow jobs between 3 drunken women on the way home from a Dreamboys night at a local working men's club...
A bit embarrassing when you pick one of them up from Sainsbury's the next week( with her Old Man)

Another night in one of the Montego's with 3 lads, the front passenger produces the broken top of a Grolsch bottle and says" What would you do if someone tried to rob you with this?"
I shit myself, thinking I'm getting jumped by all 3 of them, so I hit him as hard as I can with my left hand in the face, his head bounces off the seat belt adjustor on the pillar and he's spark out. I looked in the mirror, the other two are fast asleep!

Realising I may have overreacted a tad, I lobbed the broken bottle out of the window and took them to their destination , on arrival I woke the rear seat pair up , they paid up and tried to rouse their mate, when they couldn't, they laughingly dragged him off, saying he'd obviously had more than they'd thought!
I never heard anymore , so either he was intending to rob me or, more likely , had no memory of what happened when ( if?) he woke up.
If WTC doesn't mind me hijacking his thread, I'll try and find some pictures of cars I've had and dredge up some more cab related anecdotes.
Chodweaver

Post by Chodweaver »

I somehow managed to miss this epic anthology on the beige, so I'm very glad to get to read it in its updated form here.

Please, do carry on.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Any update on the ionic Mr claim? Reason for asking is I may have just ordered one. A premium trim level 1.6 hybrid
Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert »

Interestingly*, those Hyundais like Warren's are really taking over the minicab ranks round here, picking up the batons from those Seat/Skoda Rapedos.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

bub2006 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:23 pm Any update on the ionic Mr claim? Reason for asking is I may have just ordered one. A premium trim level 1.6 hybrid
Nothing interesting to report so far.

42000 miles in nine months and only needed routine servicing and front tyres, the rears are still original.

I had to drive from North Wales to Newcastle this week, a journey of 200 miles each way and I wasn't hopeful of a decent MPG figure at motorway speeds but I was pleasantly surprised.
ionicmpg1.PNG
ionicmpg1.PNG (316.43 KiB) Viewed 8045 times
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
laserfooooooooooooo

Post by laserfooooooooooooo »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:44 pm ! It was a 1.4 petrol with no electric windows, central locking, power steering or even a sunroof! It probably was the last real basic car licenced in my area. To it's credit it looked OK in white with only a miss matched slightly off white front wing hiding it's Cat D status. Driving it made me feel like an old school minicab driver having to do a reach around worthy of an Eros Centre rent boy just to lock and unlock the doors to let the punters in and keep the scum out.
Laughed out loud at that fucksakes more please squire..

Some notable plated stuff round here is a metallic green MG ZT (i presume derv), And i saw a nissan leaf yesterday :(

There was a M Reg cavalier still plated in grimsby a couple of years back but alas i havent seen it since around 2017 :o
laserfooooooooooooo

Post by laserfooooooooooooo »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:02 pm

Another night in one of the Montego's with 3 lads, the front passenger produces the broken top of a Grolsch bottle and says" What would you do if someone tried to rob you with this?"
I shit myself, thinking I'm getting jumped by all 3 of them, so I hit him as hard as I can with my left hand in the face, his head bounces off the seat belt adjustor on the pillar and he's spark out. I looked in the mirror, the other two are fast asleep!

Howling at that too sorry norfuck ;)

More of the same please chaps :)
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Picture the scene. It's a busy Saturday evening back in 2005 and yours truly has just picked up a wealthy middle aged couple up from a posh restaurant and is driving them back to their gaff in the posh part of Wirral. I can see them in the back giggling and getting a bit touchy-feely with each other and then they start whispering to each other. I arrive at their destination and I hear them saying "you" and "no you". I assume they're debating over who's going to pay me when the man leans between the seats and tells me that he'd love to lick my cock clean after it's been in his wife's arse. I'll admit that it took me a few seconds to work out in my mind whether that was a good offer or not, his missus was well tasty but I politely refused thinking that it'd be hard to bale through his electric gates after giving his missus one up the Khyber.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.