Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner (Again)

Post by Warren t claim »

Didn't you smell anything?
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

No nothing oddly. Hose to heater matrix didn't have a clip on it. Looks like a little forgetful Korean built mine in a Friday afternoon
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I might just have a look at my hoses tomorrow!
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I would as a precaution,the one that went on mine was right down the back of the block. All undertray off etc.
Kiltox

Post by Kiltox »

Holy fuck, that is unreal. You really don’t have any luck with cars do you?

I’m guessing warren’s has the clips on tight given he’s done about 732,867 miles
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

The rac guy was dumbfounded. He said that there was no clip on it and it was held on by sheer good luck. Nearly 1000 miles done though so luckily it happened close to home really instead of on holiday.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Warren t claim wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm I might lob a cheeky update on tonight.

More hacks or private hire saloon tales?

Let me know!
Drumming fingers on table in anticipation.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

bub2006 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:55 am The rac guy was dumbfounded. He said that there was no clip on it and it was held on by sheer good luck. Nearly 1000 miles done though so luckily it happened close to home really instead of on holiday.
Shouldn't it run on electric when the petrol side shakes a 6?
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

No,it's assisted electric not a full electric so to speak. Anyway,I've digressed enough,we are waiting for me cabby tales!
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Runners and how to deal with them.

I've got a mate who's totally cool if he gets a runner and puts it down to shrinkage and the cost of doing business. He also dives an Ionic but he refuses to have his central locking set so the car locks when he pulls away as he's worried that it'll scare lone female passengers. I, on the other hand, have the autolock feature enabled and have never had an issue with passengers complaining about it. Unsurprisingly I've also had very few people who fail to pay what's on the meter and the very very few who've got away with it have done so through deception which is just as well as unlike him I will take it personally... Let's discuss such an incident from about 14 years ago.

It was a busy Saturday night and I picked up three lads from Liverpool going a fair old distance back to Eastham on The Wirral. Throughout the journey they were chatty enough and asked to be dropped off at the same place next to some small woodland area backing on to a middle class estate, fair enough. At this point they bolt through the trees but being me I thought I'd drive after them! Sadly due to not wanting to wrap my newly bought Mk2 Mondeo diesel around a tree I had to take it easy but managed to keep up and saw them running through an adjoining alley into the estate. Bollocks they've got away! Actually no, my Mondeo just fitted through so I drove into the alley hoping that there wouldn't be a bollard the other side and as luck may have it there wasn't.

At the other end, two lads went one way and the other fat lad went the other so I went after the chunky fucker and caught him hiding in a garden. On the way out of my Mondeo I obviously grabbed my favourite torturing pliers (angle nosed if you must know) and proceeded to extract cash from said criminal. He had his phone in his hand so I grabbed that but he was protesting that he had no money from his reclined position on the pavement. Isn't is strange how crims seem to know their rights when they're caught? At his point his phone rang, it was his mates that got away saying where they were and asking where he was! Going for the shock and awe approach Evil Warren replied that he'd been caught in my best psycho voice and started chanting "I'm going to blind him!" over and over again, a saying that made fat boy do the grand slam of puking, pissing and shitting himself all at once because at that point he thought I was just about crazy enough to do that.

In all honesty I was a bit disappointed that his mates had hung him out to dry and refused to come and back him up but nonetheless, he owed me so pliers clicking away I thought I'd see how far he'd go before finding the money but at this point I felt a tap on my shoulder, I looked around to see a big baldy bloke in his boxer shorts with a warrant card in his hand who'd heard the commotion and wanted to see what's going on. Pliers quickly secreted in pocket I explain our little problem and fortunately, he sees things my way but doubtless wondering why fat lad seems so grateful to see him. Fat lad is then deposited into my car and the three of us drive to his parents' house where a very angry mother has to pay the fare of £20 plus VAT (Value Added Torture) and doubtless the chunky fucker is still grounded to this day.