Highway Code consultation

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Highway Code consultation

Post by Hooli »

PhilA wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Hooli wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:29 amCrosswalk equals pedestrian crossing I think?

If so, once on it they've got right of way here these days too. I'm referring to people just wandering out in front of traffic without looking as they've got 'right of way', they are going to get splatted. Whatever happened to the sensible old advice of moving away from junctions to cross the road as driver's will find it easier to see you as they aren't as busy.
Yes. However that started life as a city rule in the 1920's and was never revoked. The roads were chaos and adding random pedestrians into the mix didn't help vehicles with crappy brakes being driven as fast as they'd go in a city environment.

Phil
Not much has changed then, cars are still being driven badly too fast for the room they've got to brake in a city environment.
Private signature, do not read
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Hooli wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:26 pmNot much has changed then, cars are still being driven badly too fast for the room they've got to brake in a city environment.
In the UK, yes.

Oddly in cities here people are in less of a rush. Get out into the suburbs and it's a different story, mind.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I'll take your word for it, I've never been over there or have any real desire to do so.
Private signature, do not read