I seem to of done something stupid yet again

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Bangernomics

Re: I seem to of done something stupid yet again

Post by Bangernomics »

panhard65 wrote:The DKW had a run out today for a car club meeting and only broke down 3 times !! The fuel system has dragged a shit load of crap through and kept blocking the fuel filter. Taking it off and blowing the shit out got me home but I better fit some new filters tomorrow. I also finished the clio head job this afternoon and will stick it in for a test to see if the emissions are sorted now. Finally are any of our French residents able to store a car for a month or so for me. I have a deal lined up on a Dodge hearse from Spain but cant get a decent quote for delivery to the UK. It is a bit heavy to put on my truck and drive 1000 miles home but if I can get it up to an address in northern France I could come and get it from there.
Yes no problem if my location suits

22800 postcode

You’ll be needing that Bentley space soon then.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

AutoshiteBoy wrote:WTF is that?
Just needs a chain link steering wheel and Cheech and Chong driving it.

Less annoying tag line.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Drive out in the Bentley and back in the Dodge?
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Bangernomics wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 pm
panhard65 wrote:The DKW had a run out today for a car club meeting and only broke down 3 times !! The fuel system has dragged a shit load of crap through and kept blocking the fuel filter. Taking it off and blowing the shit out got me home but I better fit some new filters tomorrow. I also finished the clio head job this afternoon and will stick it in for a test to see if the emissions are sorted now. Finally are any of our French residents able to store a car for a month or so for me. I have a deal lined up on a Dodge hearse from Spain but cant get a decent quote for delivery to the UK. It is a bit heavy to put on my truck and drive 1000 miles home but if I can get it up to an address in northern France I could come and get it from there.
Yes no problem if my location suits

22800 postcode

You’ll be needing that Bentley space soon then.

Less annoying tag line.
I have got delivery sorted for the Dodge at a reasonable price which saves a lot of hassle going to collect it myself. The Bentley really does need to go now but I need to get as much as possible for it. I was hoping the market was going to go a bit mad once lockdown was lifted but it seems it is waiting until I have sold everything at knock down prices before we get the boom. Story of my life that.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

I’m thinking of “investing” in an enclosed car transporter do you reckon there’s a living to be made bringing stuff over from the continent be that cars/bikes/parts/fugees?

Less annoying tag line.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Bangernomics wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:53 pm I’m thinking of “investing” in an enclosed car transporter do you reckon there’s a living to be made bringing stuff over from the continent be that cars/bikes/parts/fugees?

Less annoying tag line.
I am going to say no as the costs are too high really unless you have good contacts for regular work. The guy bringing the Dodge is doing it for £1400 This is to pick up from Ourense which is in North Western Spain near the Portuguese border and deliver it to Somerset. I looked into just the ferries and they were about 800 return to Spain. Crossing to France is cheaper but it is a bloody long way. On top of that the sailings are restricted at the moment to pretty much one a week to Spain which means at least a couple of nights out. Not too bad if you have a decent sleeper cab, but not great kipping in a car or paying for hotels. The transporter also has to sort the customs paperwork which gets a bit complicated as you need contracts and shit for moving stuff through Spain and France. Add on proper insurance and you find there is bugger all money in it unless you are getting a lot of regular work so the truck never runs empty. Hopefully I have taught my transporter a thing or two as he was trying to charge me 20% import tax when classic cars come under a different code and only attract 5%. HMRC say it isn't difficult but you have to be set up as a business to bring stuff over for other people. If there were money in it I would look into setting things up to bring stuff over myself but when someone else will always do it cheaper it just isn't worth the hassle.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Post by BenHar »

Bangernomics wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:53 pm I’m thinking of “investing” in an enclosed car transporter do you reckon there’s a living to be made bringing stuff over from the continent be that fugees?

I think sheefag's cornered that market.

Ben
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Possibly a bit too heavy for your beavertail but might break well?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 900025314/
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Yeah too heavy for my truck and unfortunately I would end up wanting to fix it rather than break it and I don't need and more money pits
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

It's not a fucking "sedan" either.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......