Paging Reverend Blue Jeans

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Paging Reverend Blue Jeans

Post by Warren t claim »

If it was a two door I'd keep it for myself.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

The deeply depressing fact is that I made a promise to myself never to own a 4 door 3 Series.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

It’s a nice thing fo sho.

Autotrader is your outlet for that. I reckon you might see your £££.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:37 am It’s a nice thing fo sho.

Autotrader is your outlet for that. I reckon you might see your £££.
Not somewhere like Car And Classic with a decent write up?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Maybe but does it have the same traffic?
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

I’d be tempted by Car and Classic and maybe Pistonheads. You need a proper bullshit ad with made up bits about Mrs Bloggs picking up her OBE from the Palace in it and not bringing herself to let anyone else sully its pristine nappa hide, etc etc.
There’s a lot of Audi/BMW/ Merc company car drivers that are taking the money instead now they can sit at home with one screen on work and the other on a Xhamster. Stuff they remember as being lauded in the magazines a few years back but only costs a couple of grand is what they seem to want, I did very well last summer on a couple of things that both went to men just about to hand back lease/pcp cars.
Less likely to get the “last price” cunts either. I’ve just moved our family ML on, and it was a nightmare every semi literate fuckwit from all over the country seemed to think I’d sell them a£5k car for £1500 because they mentioned the word cash! That was ebay classified.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

I saw your E93 thread on t'beige last night. They were nice when new but can be a headache now.

The N52 is a decent engine that suffers from oil leaks, the odd coil pack, oil leaks, occasional and rare t/chain tensioner breakage, oil leaks and very expensive but rare camshaft bearing ledge wear. Oh and electric water pump seizure. Vanos problems are very rare and only caused by chain stretch and the cam ledge wear problem that is becoming more common as they get older. EML is bad news.

Manual boxes unbreakable, autos pretty good. Diffs ditto.

Suspension and brakes okay but pray the ABS ECU doesn't fail. £2000 new and good luck finding a used one. No, they are not the same as the £50 320d ones.

Electrics not bad but ensure the plastic engine ECU box under the bonnet is dry.

The folding metal roof was a water leaking disaster from day one as was the later 4 Series. You can remove the bungs and drain them out. A bad one (i.e most) are a bastard to keep dry.

Old A4 / A5 Convertibles are no better.

I'd be looking for a really nice E46 325Ci Convertible for less money. Looked after and not ruined with 'improvements", it will be free motoring when sold on because values are on the climb.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Thanks for that. They all seem to be being sold by idiots too, although they’re not hanging around very long. Back to looking at CLK s today. God knows what she’ll end up with. Unfortunately it probably won’t be an e46, because they’re “ too old”.
Something will come up, it always does and if it breaks I’ll just have to suck it up and try not to say ‘ I told you so’ out loud . Almost went to have a look at a Lexus IS250, the bloke messaged back to say he’d decided not to sell. Might be a safe if rather uninspiring solution, as long as she chooses, then I’m in the clear.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Don't buy a 180 or 200 Kompressor.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm Don't buy a 180 or 200 Kompressor.
Who was that idiot would bought that Merc compressor you fettled? Oh, that was me.