Ford focus mk1

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: I'm turning Japanese I really think so.

Post by DodgeRover »

The couple I've used don't if I'm around, just tell them don't even think about lifting it with the sills. A main dealer did the same with my sister's Navara when she had it, tried lifting under the sides of the pickup bed and bent the crap out of it, eventually they blamed an apprentice and paid for it all to be sorted out.
It's just lazyness and stupidity that keeps them doing it.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

My friends garage his 2 poster doesn't extend that far and doesn't have the articulation some have on the legs to reach around the wheel.

Post by Guest »

bub2006 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:02 pm My friends garage his 2 poster doesn't extend that far and doesn't have the articulation some have on the legs to reach around the wheel.
Yep a reach around is no good without the articulation.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Exactly that sir. Now them,car take back have offered 325 but can't collect it till next Wednesday and can I as fuck find something sub 600 quid local and half decent. There's a cheap yaris verso that I keep looking at but I don't think I could lower my standards enough.

Post by Guest »

I like the Yaris Verso, but it has to be in that piss yellow/gold colour for maximum I have given up on life, effect.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

This is a red 1.3 auto on a y plate. Very faded and very careworn

Post by Guest »

But if it is like a normal Yaris, will never actually die. I always recommend a Yaris to anyone I know who doesn't do cars. They may not thrive on neglect, but manage to survive on it very successfully.
I did recommend them to a friend who never opens the bonnet (literally, if the washers run out he takes it to the garage). He ended up having a succession of them.
I did get a phone call just after he had the first one to say that it had let him down. I couldn't believe that he had killed a new Yaris in a couple of weeks. He hadn't, the daft twat had picked up his new car with a full tank of fuel and driven it until it ran out.
After a succession of the Yaris he bought a Skoda Yeti when he retired a few years ago and hasn't killed that either. His previous cars (mainly Vauxhall and Renault) never survived three years in his ownership.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Re: New car purchased. Fords finest.

Post by bub2006 »

New car picked up today. I went to look at an x trail and a Peugeot partner. Both fucked in their own ways. I somehow seem to have stumbled upon a gem though. Enter ford's groundbreaking New focus. It's a mk1 on a 2003 plate. Never failed an mot,never been welded and has had 2 former keepers. Clocks changed in 2011 when it had 34k on clock and now showing 8600 so around 42k ish from new. Spotlessly clean with no rot or rust,Estate in ghia trim so has all the toys,even the optional climate control. Will expect it to be a little thirsty though as its a 2.0 petrol with an auto box.
treehugger
The only technocripple in the village!

Post by treehugger »

Nowt wrong with a Focus, just don't tell mercrocker I said so.
As I suspected I was right about everything.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

If that has a 2l zetec can I have first dibs when you get rid? Assuming it doesn't go out in some engine exploding fashion.

Does actually sounds a good one though, do not let your mate put it on his lift though!