The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Post by DodgeRover »

Do Flexi hoses etc cross reference to anything else that is available in the UK? I would have thought something would be available even if it was a few mm longer to save the shipping/ import (unless rock auto are cheaper anyway)
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

PhilA wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:27 am California: If it passes emissions test nothing else needs to be tested for function.
Yeah found that with the Mustang Phil anything from Cali expect minimal rust but expect nothing to work :lol:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

DodgeRover wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:18 am Do Flexi hoses etc cross reference to anything else that is available in the UK? I would have thought something would be available even if it was a few mm longer to save the shipping/ import (unless rock auto are cheaper anyway)
No sure but for things like cab doors windows etc there was the Renault 50 series ;)
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Today’s little lot! My Neighbour recycled the plywood lining from the rear of the van today 🙂
Well all the big stuff! There’s still smaller bits which can be broken then trashed.

I started to bag up the sound deadening ready for the recycling centre and tomorrow there’s a polystyrene type insulator I will start to cut up and bag up to be recycled.

After that it will be pull up the rank looking carpet and pull up the ply under that
Much thicker ply around 18mm any that’s savable my neighbour is having and the rest will be trashed.

I also removed the indicator switch somebody had spliced it in the past and the splice was just before the column tube so I couldn’t cut it there 😞

I cut it just after the plug then realised it wouldn’t pull out of the tube so then cut it the other end as you can see what a mess!

Switch Can’t be saved it’s very brittle but keeping it in the short term as a reference for the new one.
Thankfully still had the part number tag on it which was filthy but has cleaned up and I have a number off it 😁

And also I thought it was a bulb for the transmission display but if it is it’s a bulb in a metal can 🙄
Is it a bulb?

Hopefully now I can get a new switch and once all the rubbish is out of the interior I will be able to get on with things and start to have a blank clean canvas to work on 😉

And just as I was getting out of the Van the heavens opened so I jumped back in to discover a leak!

Think it’s coming from here?

Whether it can be saved or it needs to be removed I don't know?

It’s all progress though I guess :roll: .
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

So remaining scraps of rancid ply have been smashed up

Stinky carpet is out and bagged up for the tip and with a self satisfying crack the main ply floor is out :mrgreen:

It’s becoming a blanker canvas by the minute.

Floor though not a looker its really solid :mrgreen:

Also found some lodgers today and hoping the will soon be evicted?

Remember the Mustang wasp invasion of skeletal specimens?

Well these are alive and American :o

Found three up to now one dead two alive :?

Little Bastards have got me worried sick how the hell did they survive leaving California and OMG how hot?

And come to the UK in a container at sea for 6 weeks and the little shits are still alive? My neighbour reckons they may of just hatched? They were dazed and docile hopefully they wont like our weather and will die?

Why Am I not convinced?

Not found any source in the van they could be in a chassis leg :roll:

One step forward 12 steps back :twisted:
christine

Post by christine »

You,ve got to ask yourself one question Wasp ...Do i feel lucky ? This is a size 4 shoe......and it will take your head clean off ....Well do you punk?

Crunch .....
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Yeah, those will have just hatched, last summer's batch. The cold weather there will have them all dopey for a short while then they'll wake up and get angry.

The best wasp is a dead wasp
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Throw a hoover at them. That's what my mate done.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Oh and re the bulb in a can, yes. It's a bulb.

See the rolled lip on the wire end? With a wiggle that should come out, that's a holder and it should be a standard bayonet 1.2W bulb inside there.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Post by BenHar »

PhilA wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:25 pm Oh and re the bulb in a can, yes. It's a bulb.

See the rolled lip on the wire end? With a wiggle that should come out, that's a holder and it should be a standard bayonet 1.2W bulb inside there.

Phil
What's it for?

Ben