The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
8BAK465

Re: The Shagpile is on Order Dance Boogie Wondervan!

Post by 8BAK465 »

To be honest there are a few discrepancies like colour is Black it clearly isn't but will be soon and was when it was new!

It has two seats but will be fitting a rear seat somewhere and as the Doovla is so far behind because of Kung Flu I don't want to go through all this again in a month or two :roll:

Sent off the paperwork 18th January they signed for it 19th and registered it 8th Feb and I got it this morning. Not bad considering I was told on the phone 6-8 weeks because of Kung Flu I'm not touching that syndrome :lol:

Rewind three years they did Shitey's in a record 4 days! :o :shock:

Just told insurance it has plates I could drive now but I wouldn't as yet as it has no steering wheel :lol:

No just to order some actual plates im thinking these ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133506867677?ul_noapp=true

[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

As it's a hysterical vehicle now, you could go black n white if you preferred.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Hooli wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:28 pm As it's a hysterical vehicle now, you could go black n white if you preferred.
Yeah had others say that but its on an N plate and they would never of been on Black/Silvers id prefer rivited plates but they are "How Fuckin Much!" so these modern acrylic lazer cut 4d plates are near enough,

That said the firm i linked to there reading up have terrible feedback so need to find somebody else?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Someone needs to make a set of Charles Wright press molds and stamp aluminum plates the same as here but in UK spec letters, reflective and rollered with black paint on the raised letters.

Then at the top "ENGLAND"

Bottom "Green and Pleasant Land"

Needs the place and slogan, with the year's sticker in the corner
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

PhilA wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:50 pm Someone needs to make a set of Charles Wright press molds and stamp aluminum plates the same as here but in UK spec letters, reflective and rollered with black paint on the raised letters.

Then at the top "ENGLAND"

Bottom "Green and Pleasant Land"

Needs the place and slogan, with the year's sticker in the corner
Like the idea Phil but not sure its a green and pleasant land any more more like a grim and depressing detention centre :roll:

Id :lol: but id :cry:
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

That was quick to get it registered. The DVLA are pretty quick with anything that is done online as I got the V5 for the Bentley within 5 days but first registration always takes longer. At least Covid has stopped the inspections so the registrations go through a lot quicker. Hopefully I will see the Fiat paperwork in the next week or so. I had US style plates made for my Thunderturd, they were black and yellow California replica's with the UK reg. Totally illegal but do the coppers really care on old cars.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

What with Sam not being chipper and the weather etc etc not done much until this last week when we spent Last Thursday cutting the remains of the spoils up for for a booked tip run

A Few weeks ago my kind neighbour helped me get all the panelling and flooring out so we could get it to the tip and clear the rubbish out once and for all!

There was one piece of thick plywood left between the seats that was quite damp I held my breath in case the damp had done it’s worst but thankfully the floor is really solid!

Nearly forgot to take off the passengers door panel but managed to get that in too 😉
That was just the start of it🙄

So as if by magic its now practically empty👍

There’s still the remaining fluff from the sound deadening and the hardened adhesive but that will just be sanded off and brushed up and go in the bin 😉

The side cargo doors still have most of the sound deadening but I couldn’t get enough purchase on it to pull it off I need to open the doors to give me more space but can’t open them where the van is parked so that’s a separate job as the van will be moving to a new spot soon 😁

Now onto another stage ;)
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Have you binned all the door panels? Would it have not been better keeping them for templates?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

paulplom wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:44 am Have you binned all the door panels? Would it have not been better keeping them for templates?
I thought that too.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Next pulled the battery to give it another charge and for my next trick it wont be wise if any electrickery is present!

Will probably need a new battery? It had the positive on the left and negative on the right and the battery was in backwards to accommodate but as right positive batteries are more common I’ve noticed the negative lead that goes to the block is mega long and the positive has enough to go to the right so may configure right way around shorten Negative and get a slightly longer positive 😉

I knew there was rust in the battery tray but never realised how much until I removed the battery 😲

Thankfully there was another battery tray inside the van, a job from the past that was never completed? Not sure if it’s from a dodge van but fits a treat! Only placed it on top of the old for the photo will have to figure out how the original is fixed spot or plug welded?

But as the new one gets in the way of the steering box thinking on bolting in the new one for easy access for maintenance 😉

Now the Electrickery supply has been cut I can remove something I have wanted to forevery :?