The Crappy Hamper Thread

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: The Crappy Hamper Thread

Post by Hooli »

The first place I lived up here had one about not keeping chickens in the garden.
Private signature, do not read
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

A lot of people get snooty about vans etc being parked on their new build estate. Part of the reason is the houses are crammed so close with so little parking that pretty soon next door's high top plumber's van is blocking the view from your window and darkening it etc.
Sometimes the rules only apply until they have sold all the houses on the estate - then it's a free for all.
Sometimes they won't even let you put up a garden shed until all plots are sold.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

I am sure in some places the cunts would make a rule about the make model and age of car you're allowed too.

It's not just here either - some places in the USA are even worse with residents associations with all kinds of draconian rules.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Yeah there seems to have been some proper fall-out with Houseowner's Associations or whatever they're called over there.....

I did get asked to move the CF ambulance once by the bloke over the road as he was "trying to sell my house mate". OK, not that his crumbling rendering or big green stain from the missing piece of roof guttering was putting anyone off, like....The missus divorced him in the end and saved the bother anyway.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Hooli wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:38 pm The first place I lived up here had one about not keeping chickens in the garden.
I used to keep chickens in the garden of my ex council house.
They were no bother. I had a pair of hanted tumbling pigeons which I had to get 'rid' of. They started making a nest in the old cunt next door's gutter.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

I've got a camper.
It has a single bed, that folds out into a double, when needed, space to put one of those camping stoves with the disposable bottles, to make tea. That's it, apart from a 12v socket to charge my phone and a spinny round passenger seat.
Large, race team spec, gazebo with 3 sides to chill in outside and cook in if needed.
It's not a VW though I'm afraid, I went sensible with a Toyota Granvia 4x4.
I have a 4 berth caravan as well to go away with the family in, fixed rear double for laziness.
I also have a huge twin axle Hobby 720 that is sited up and a bit of a holiday home, fixed island, double king-size bed in that, it's luxury!
I like to be outside if possible.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

Drum wrote:
Bangernomics wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 am I’m a fan of the old T2, I had a J REG early T2 bay that had a right cobbled mix of split running gear. The front axle snapped on the coast road going to formby whilst working over there and staying in digs in Halton (right shithole but had a pay phone you could easily fiddle for free calls).

I bought it in 90/91 for £500 it was rotten and spent almost every evening and weekend for two months cutting and welding the bottom back on using bits of old washing machine sides as we were skint at the time but saw it as a cheap way for a holiday.

I’ll dig a photo out of it from somewhere later.

Aha found one albeit a shit one.

I sold it about three years later for about £1k just before they started to get stupid pricewise obviously.

Then a long gap as the former Mrs B hated it so when she was fired off I bought a 30 year old C25 based hymer,

that promptly shit it’s head gasket on the way back from buying it in Dorchester and so I spent a month pulling it to bits and going over the top replacing everything I touched. We did almost a month driving round France in it without too much fuss and it basically was cheaper than a month of (as mercrocker said) seaside lunches and with the convenience of a shower and a loo and a double bed.

Bought for £5k and sold for the same as I bought another on the spur of the moment for what was a very good price at the time a 1997 hymer but sprinter auto based.

Another photo placeholder.

Only £13.5k and when we bought this place in France I decided we wouldn’t be using one for a couple of years so I sold it on for £17.5k which was a bonus but it’d probably fetch an easy £20k now as covid has made the market crazy.

I’m currently browsing leboncoin as I miss a convenient & clean WC and a choc ice that doesn’t cost me £10.

Less annoying tag line.

Are you a professional photographer Bangernomics?
It’s the composition right I’m great ha.

I take terrible photos, I did for a VERY short time do so as work for a music mag that featured mainly death metal bands of which one group were my neighbours.

I used to have a darkroom when chemists checked the pics for boobs etc. Thank the lord for digital.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote:Banger’s comment reference a clean WC, reminds me of a trip to Kuwait a couple of years ago. Our hosts organised a days kite flying in the desert, like you do, for Mrs N and me.
They’d never actually had a woman join them on these things before , so along with the tents, portaloo, vans full of kites etc they provided a camper van “ In case Madame needs to rest in private”
339F05FD-C7C6-41C4-81B2-1691571ECA9E.jpeg
At the end of the day we were driving back into Kuwait City,when she suddenly remembered that she hadn’t gone to the camper all day. Then she was worried they’d be offended , I was more concerned about keeping my Lexus on the marked track , not where the uncleared ordinance might be !
Remember that post it’s a glimpse at how the other half live.

Less annoying tag line.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

Hooli wrote:
Chodweaver wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:07 am
Hooli wrote:
Strip for parts.
Disassemble
Johnny 5 alive!
No disassemble.

Less annoying tag line.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »