The thin end of the wedge

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
cros
The Elastrator

Re: The thin end of the wedge

Post by cros »

I got nicked on an autobahn for speeding in a contraflow. Me and a Danish geezer got pulled up out of a queue of 100's all doing the same speed. The young German copper said as he took about 40 quid cash off me 'this is not for me you understand'. Cunts are still sore about losing.

Post by Guest »

I borrowed my mates combo van, it is fitted with a speed limiter set to 60mph, it's an ex Post office van. There is also some stupid beeping thing that seems to go off when you are accelerating and don't change up soon enough for it's liking and it goes off if you brake sharply and when you put it in reverse. I'm glad I don't have to drive it every day.

I did have a speeding ticket years ago for exceeding 70mph on the M4 in my old Land Rover, I was tempted to challenge it as I didn't believe it could go that fast.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

paulplom wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:03 am
captain_70s wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:13 pm
paulplom wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:12 pm Anything over 100mph and you're asking for trouble anyway. Other than the track or autobahn, what's the point?
On UK motorways that feel like they were paved by the Romans anything over 100 gets properly twitchy. Granted everything I've done 100 in has been ancient and decrepit but still...

Plenty of folk doing triple figures in private plated Rangies and Beemer SUVs mind, suppose its more viable when you'll simply go through anything you hit.

Mildly worried I may have gotten papped doing 60 in a 50 on my way to work in the Acclaim on Monday. Was passing a lorry and never saw the van...
The ticket is one to keep for it's history :D

I had my 1998 s70 up to 145 before I bottled it. It was rock steady and still pulling like fuck. The speed of the white lines passing and the fear of a blow out made me reign it in. I also had a Vreg v6 vectra sri up to 140 too. That was also solid but I ran out of road.
Both times I was on the Autobahn on my way to the Hitler museum.
Yeah, very much so. My Challenger feels like it's doing 40 when you're doing over 100. They tweaked it a little from the last model, lowered the front and gave it a larger chin spoiler which really made a difference, my blue one started to feel a little unsettled by 120.

But yeah, there's not much point given that the highest speed limit around here is 70 and the roads that are 55 are smoother than the 70 limit...

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag