DVLA query -engine number on VIN plate?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Re: DVLA query - am I about to be fucked?

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Fruit Loupe wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:19 pm thanks to all for their comments - makes me feel a bit less paranoid.

Thanks to RBJ pointing me in the direction of the engine number; I thought I had seen it years ago but seeing anything near the starter is basically impossible so it looks like I'll be taking the plenum off; should be ok as I had it off less than two years ago to get at the starter
BMW are complete bastards for starter location. It took me three hours to replace an E36 one last week. :evil:
AutoshiteBoy

Re: DVLA query -engine number on VIN plate?

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Poor Man's Yan2CY you like.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

My 1600E had "not stated" next to the engine number on the V5. I don't think it ever made it to online MOTs though.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

AMCrebel wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:04 pm My 1600E had "not stated" next to the engine number on the V5. I don't think it ever made it to online MOTs though.
I had a Honda log book with the frame number of not recorded, very handy that was!
Fruit Loupe

Post by Fruit Loupe »

DVLA have kindly issued me with a new (free) V5C with the correct VIN, not sure about the engine number though so that might require another fresh V5C.
I'll be off to the local BMW main agent to order some new O rings and piping to replace iffy items I disturbed whan taking aoff the plenum to check if the engine number is above the starter. I suspect getting the plenum back in will be no less trouble that getting it off. Once it's back together I can get the car taxed and on the road again.