MGB GT fettling

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Re: V50 Shenanigans

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Hooli wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm It did seem stupid though, as far as I could tell the only difference moving the switch to dipped made was the main beam latch started working.
Agreed, it seems like a daft idea tbh so I just leave it alone and drive round with the headlamps on all the time. There are a lot of very tight, undulating single track lanes round here so that's often not a bad thing, especially at this time of year.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Ok, bit of an update. A mate plugged in in to a bit of Snap on kit earlier and cleared the multitude of codes, the only one that refuses to clear is the one for the CEM.

After a bit of googling I've just found this service and a few good bits of feedback on it/him. https://volvodiagnostic.com/shop/index. ... &id_lang=1 So an £80 quid punt on top of the cost of a second hand CEM.

OR
https://volvodiagnostic.com/shop/index. ... &id_lang=1 A £260 quid punt on a re-con one with a limited warranty.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V50-S4 ... SwklZe336h

This CEM is being advertised about 15 miles from me but not aware of the place selling it. What I do know about the road it's on is it's a permanent Gypsy site and there are all sorts of characters* down there. The part in question doesn't exactly look in pristine condition either but at least I could try and return it if it's no good?

I'm going to try one more go at the CEM/connectors and see if I can see anything obvious and get Geoff to plug it back in again before I make a decision.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Yes good plan on returning it. "Excuse me my good fellow but this part is faulty. I request a refund under section 57 of the sale of goods act 1985, forthwith."

You just need to learn how to speak to them.
OMG U OK HUN?
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

CLINT wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:51 am Yes good plan on returning it. "Excuse me my good fellow but this part is faulty. I request a refund under section 57 of the sale of goods act 1985, forthwith."

You just need to learn how to speak to them.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... ient=opera

A bit more searching and I came up with that. Looks like their ad has gone but found a cached page with an address on. The Ebay ad just says Sandy Lane with no unit number listed, hence me thinking it was gypsies?

Worcester Scrap Car Buyer contact details
Telephone: 07725 460 028
Email: info@worcesterscrapcarbuyer.co.uk

Address:
Worcester Scrap Car Buyer,
Unit 1, Hodfar Rd, Sandy Lane Ind Est,
Stourport-On-Severn,
DY13 9QB

If the car was scrapped due to accident damage it might be worth a punt?
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

No idea. Just get Jason to go... That's a story wobbers need to hear
OMG U OK HUN?
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

CLINT wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:24 pm No idea. Just get Jason to go... That's a story wobbers need to hear
:lol: Great idea on both counts. Now which thread to post that little story in? 🤔
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Another update.
Got Geoff to plug it in again, same fault as before with CEM but yet again the air mass meter is showing a fault. I've changed this in the past with what was meant to be a known good one and it made no difference but... After reading the codes he cleared them and the CEM fault actually cleared! The only difference there is that I've left the CEM hanging by the wires pretty much in the footwell for the last week or so to see if it's a connection issue still. Will have to investigate further and maybe stretch to an air flow meter?

In other news Webuyanycar has emailed me and increased their offer on it to £1195 which did surprise me.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Re: Bleedin 405's!

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

20210202_155357.jpg
20210202_155357.jpg (382.9 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
The 405's been for the MOT today and passed with flying colours again :mrgreen:

Although there is a problem :( The pipe pictured did have a bleed in it, well it still has technically but it's now in two bits. I asked them to change the antifreeze, oil and gearbox oil in it while it was there and it snapped off when preparing to bleed it, bugger.

Hopefully someone on the Facebook owners page can help me out sourcing a replacement. It has helped me out in a way as now I don't have to worry about it being SORN'd and parking it on a public car park while storage has is being sorted out tho.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Hope you can get it sorted soon....As you say though, better than carking itself once parked up.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

I'm sure I can drill it out, re-tap and block it with a bolt but I think the car deserves better than me bodging it.