What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Drum »

Don't know about in situ, but I've used mr muscle to clean the egr on an audi i had to good effect. I removed it first though.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

Drum wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:20 pm Are you taking all the road worthy cars Phil?
Good luck
No. We loaded us, the dogs and the mother in law in the pickup truck and left.

The Challenger, Pontiac and Plymouth are at the house.

The storm track changed, the eye is due to almost go over our house. However, it's coming in at a more "normal" angle so unlike Zeta last year which came in at nearly 90 degrees to this one, we shouldn't catch the stupid angle wind. Hopefully.
What did the garage roof was a tornado. So long as we don't get any, in hoping we still have a house to come home to...

Though getting here to Texas took 12 hours (it's a 5 hour drive usually) due to stupid outside permit loads, accidents and road construction.

I'm beat.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

PhilA wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:48 am
Drum wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:20 pm Are you taking all the road worthy cars Phil?
Good luck

The storm track changed, the eye is due to almost go over our house. However, it's coming in at a more "normal" angle so unlike Zeta last year which came in at nearly 90 degrees to this one, we shouldn't catch the stupid angle wind. Hopefully.
What did the garage roof was a tornado. So long as we don't get any, in hoping we still have a house to come home to...

Though getting here to Texas took 12 hours (it's a 5 hour drive usually) due to stupid outside permit loads, accidents and road construction.

I'm beat.
Fingers crossed for you mate. Hope all is well.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

PhilA wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:48 am
Good luck

I'm beat.
Fingers crossed it'll be ok. Hard to comprehend this side of the pond where, in most places, needing to evacuate is pretty much a never-never occurrence. Especially to have the unknown if your house is even going to be there.

Do they cut services for safety? Or is power+water available the whole time?

Have all neighbours left too?
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I'm sure the Wob hive mind is working overtime to try and protect you and yours.

Stay safe Phil.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

Hard to imagine being in that situation really, must be terrible to have to choose what to take just in case. Fingers crossed for you.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
AlabamaShrimp

Post by AlabamaShrimp »

Eddie Honda wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:47 pm
AlabamaShrimp wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:30 pm Mini Shrimp love it but it's only temporary as I can imagine it's shit because Vauxhall.
Let's not beat around the bush. :lol:
I've got 7 cars now and I'm trying to get the wife to agree to a small camper van. We do have space on the drive though....:-)
These are some words.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

AlabamaShrimp wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:54 am
Eddie Honda wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:47 pm
AlabamaShrimp wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:30 pm Mini Shrimp love it but it's only temporary as I can imagine it's shit because Vauxhall.
Let's not beat around the bush. :lol:
I've got 7 cars now and I'm trying to get the wife to agree to a small camper van. We do have space on the drive though....:-)
I've had to cull 3 recently, but it hasn't made a dent in the space on the drive. :lol:
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Drum wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:47 pm The p0488 error code points to the egr valve being at fault, possibly dirty.
https://www.troublecodes.net/pcodes/p0488/
Clogged passages are far more common than faulty EGR valves.
I'd agree with that, looking at the state of the EGR plate channels on the Honda Jizz. I didn't even get a fault code.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

SiC wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:05 am
Fingers crossed it'll be ok. Hard to comprehend this side of the pond where, in most places, needing to evacuate is pretty much a never-never occurrence. Especially to have the unknown if your house is even going to be there.

Do they cut services for safety? Or is power+water available the whole time?

Have all neighbours left too?
Well, it picked up energy, it's now nearly a category 5 (150 mph wind right now)- almost the same as Katrina. By 8pm tonight it'll be directly over our house.
Power stays on as long as it can. Water is in the towers so there's a few days of good water before it needs to be boiled.

This gonna be bad.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag