What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
ghosty

Re: What did you do today?

Post by ghosty »

Hooli wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:02 am Pfft ya daft fool. I'm a Glossopist and I don't own a 4 pot car.

That's a result on Jaaaaaag funding. Does it need much doing?
Not too much imo - it's all the lower flanks, the screen surrounds are perfect. Headlamp surrounds, couple of door bottoms, couple of scabs on the outer sills, and one door has absolutely abysmal paint finish where half of it was resprayed very cheaply - flat as a pancake and there's a massive ridge going along it just below the coachline where a new layer of paint starts that was badly masked off.
I might also see about removing the 'lights on' warning buzzer someone added, as you can't turn the interior light on without it beeping at you.
Watch for pedestrians...
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Doesn't sound too bad, you been underneath it yet? All the newer ones I've had rot where it can't be seen first.

That buzzer does sound annoying, it needs flinging over the fence.
Private signature, do not read
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Picked up this little chap from the pavement one dark rainy night. It was heading for the road where it would stand no chance. I think it was a young toad judging by the warts and darker colour. Set it free in the garden where it was safe.
IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_5860.JPG (414.87 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
Also picked up one of my beloved hedgehogs in the small hours, it was on the main road so I braked sharply. It couldn't get up the kerb (but obviously wandered onto the road) so I moved it to safety. As I approached it curled up pretending to be invisible, as they do. Then when I intervened started grunting and jumping as its defence mechanism. The prickles are sharp as needles! I got it underneath where it was nice and soft - away from its teeth. As I watched it hotfoot it away I hoped they would develop some road sense - and cunts to stop squashing them, they're not hard to spot. :twisted:
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
Chodweaver

Post by Chodweaver »

SiC wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:45 pm
Chodweaver wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:32 pm Today I did spaff another bloody 30 quid on another bloody eezibleed gadget,
30 quid on an eezibleed?!!? You got ripped off mate.

Should have gone to Halfords, they're only £19.99 there:
https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools ... -eezibleed

:lol:
No. This town is blessed with both a Halfords and a tiny, remarkably well stocked but pricey, independent parts shoppe with knowledgeable staff who are also the owners.

Guess which one I wouldn't mind if it did shut up shop and effed off? The independent can have that tenner of clear profit if it means they stick around.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

All autumn and winter I will be rescuing toads or frogs from outside my gaff. No idea where they come from but I put them back near a pond wetland area. I hope that's what they like?

I spent all day ruing the weather as it was pissing down and I wanted to fit new number plates. I didn't because I reasoned that sticky pads would complain about sticking to wet surfaces. However, I just (finally) took the dog out and noticed that the current number plates are not stuck on but bolted. I only realised because I gave one a tug to see how well they were stuck! I prefer bolt on to glue on so I could have done it in the rain - even though the dog is water averse, I am not :)
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

In the autumn they move out of the ponds and generally go uphill to find somewhere to hibernate, a waste patch in the garden full of rotten wood and leaves is best. It's a good idea to leave a patch untended where they can overwinter. Slow worms like patches like that too.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

I finally fitted new number plates - yahoo! Required a drill and one screwdriver, even I can't make a gash up of that... can I?

You doubting bastards, of course I did!
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

You didn't fit it back to front did you?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Upside down or back to front?
Private signature, do not read