What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
cros
The Elastrator

Re: What did you do today?

Post by cros »

dean36014 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:51 am Back from my weeks holiday in Normandy with the Merc performing faultlessly, 1300 miles covered in a week. Lpg was easily available, most Total garages seem to sell it. Fuel is expensive in France, but lpg there is still about 50% of the cost of petrol. The small donut tank is a major pain in the arse, 200 mile range on a run. Had fantastic weather and only the odd quick shower. Lots of lovely old french vehicles spotted, and nearly every town had a D day museum of some sort. Seeing the beaches, cemeteries, and the gun emplacements was a moving experience. Standing in front of all the headstones in the cemetery in Bayeux and imagining soldiers stood there instead brought a tear to the eye. Now to plan the next trip over there.
Glad LPG is plentiful, am myself going to Normandy next week. Last time was 25 years ago, there was celebrations back then as well. The natives were very friendly back then, hope they still are. Where did you stay?
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

I stayed near st Marie du mont in a b&b in a farmhouse. I used an app on my phone but most major cities had a lpg place. Don't forget you'll need an adapter to screw in, it's like a dish. I bought a set of three on eBay for about 20 quid. You'll get lpg at Dieppe, Bayeux and Carentan amongst other places.
In other news I fitted a new driveshaft to the c15 van today which seems to have cured the transmission noise it had. Unfortunately I must had nipped the output seal so have ordered one to replace it. Also removed all the timber and insulation out the back to see what will need welding. Was amazed how much came out of it!
IMG_20190623_152228.jpg
IMG_20190623_152228.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 4501 times

Post by Guest »

Well I hope you have a wood burner. I liked the timber shed effect, but I expect it will be a lot lighter without it.
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Definitely a bit nippier without the sauna in the back. Can get in to rust treat the areas now, and sort out the water leaks. At some point I'm going to have to pop the side window out as you can see daylight underneath it. Did the oil and filter today as well and had a quick visual check on the cambelt which seems fine.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Remembered I had a Fiesta.....Was driving out past the barn where it lives and it crossed my mind I never put the battery back on it from a fail to start back before Easter. Battery was still sat in the passenger footwell along with the ridiculous clamp contraption but after a swift re-fit she fired up straightaway. All the modern car shit of tacho remembering it had engine revs to count and a half dozen warning lights later it settled to a sweet idle. Banged it round the farmyard for 20 minutes to get the shit off the discs, put electrickery through all the circuits and job done. Mustn't forget the MOT in September though or I won't have a winter beater. Will be its third salty season this year so I hope the sills hold out again....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Last night I fitted a new screen to my daughters iphone 5SE, talk about fiddly- it also highlighted the fact I have stubby clumsy fingers which is probably why I never could play the guitar to impress crowds of scantily clad ladies.

Anyway it's back together and it works!!! Apart from the home button which didn't work previously - my daughter thinks I'm a hero now!

I need a new phone myself, I have ordered 2 so far off eBay, (I actually want a new modern phone not a case for my existing one) neither of the orders have turned up!!
Sri05

Post by Sri05 »

Sri05 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:51 pm 300 miles racked up this week in the Prelude so gave it a treat via the local Eastern European Vehicle Wash Emporium.

I'm in a bit of a dilemna with it though as I'm going to be doing 300 miles a week for the foreseeable due to a new job, so tempted to get something else for better MPG'S, as the 4 speed autobox ain't great on that front. Plus some waft would be nice for the motorways. Look at it though. And yes that is an AS sticker on its arse *runs*
Picking up something estatey from the beige next week so this'll be for sale before it gets sorn'd and forgotten about on my driveway. Will do a proper ad but £650 if it wets anyone's knickers in the meantime
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

Lounged on the beach surrounded by a group of 20 something topless females, thank god for dark sunglasses :D
CBA
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Jooly wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 pm Lounged on the beach surrounded by a group of 20 something topless females, thank god for dark sunglasses :D
Pics?
Private signature, do not read

Post by Guest »

Hooli wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 pm
Jooly wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 pm Lounged on the beach surrounded by a group of 20 something topless females, thank god for dark sunglasses :D
Pics?
Why do you want pics of his dark glasses? Oh,