What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Max Thunder

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Max Thunder »

BenHar wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:51 pm The tow vehicle looks bigger and more comfortable. What do you need the 'van for?

Ben
8-) Hi Good question somewhere for the dogs to sleep :lol: Now in Norfolk I am hoping to turn it into a man cave but I have heard rumours of a craft room We will see
8-) Hi ...I might be wrong but I won't be.
BurgundyNarrowboatBloke

Post by BurgundyNarrowboatBloke »

Fuck me, that is the most arty estate agent picturing of ever. Lovely looking place, isolated enough, and spacious. Bit of damp in one of the rooms?

Anyway, back to the leafy* suburbs of North London. I went to the Enfield Pageant today. It wasn't shite and I bought a few useful things for Triumphs and also the compulsory magnetic tray for metal odds and ends to live. I bought a rectangular one this time though, get me!!
Triumph Licker and owner of a 45 that no-one seems to want.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Due to a mistake in Mrs Rocker's understanding of "Don't offer to do any baby sitting over Bank Holiday Weekend. We might want to go somewhere" I have been left alone all day. Managed to get the wiper motor out of the Minor, using a long-forgotten set of ignition spanners as you can't even get a slimline on the upside down nuts in the inner wing.

Replacement motors do not come with the drive wheel and the old one is held in with a cunt, sorry E clip, which took some persuading not to live there any more. Took a while but at least I didn't stab my hand with a screwdriver this time (circlip pliers are no good and the shaft is a good quarter inch higher than the clip so plier pirouette twixt shaft centre and clip edge does nae work). I was so pleased that the clip came out without pinging across the floor that I very carefully placed in on the bench and promptly knocked the fucker off putting my pliers away. Luckily I had another - not handy but I found one eventually.

I knew there was some scabbiness up under the wiper motor so it is now all waiting for the Vactan to cure and be over-painted before it goes back in. I have also cleaned up some other under-bonnet areas and treated them.

Quite a nice relaxing day actually despite no supply of tea and dutiful wifely listening of my various rants and moans.....And the neighbour just invited me over for beer and burgers. Who needs to go away?
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Tidied up my workshop a bit and cleaned the painted floor by use of water, fairy liquid and a yard brush. Threw away loads of stuff, leaving two batteries and some old diffs outside for the pikeys.
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

I boated up the Witham yesterday from Dogdyke and after kipping on the water last night had a wander round Woodhall Spa. This is the Kinema in the Woods where Compton's mighty organ rises up to give a performance prior to the main feature.
IMG_20190525_102553104_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190525_102553104_HDR.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 4956 times
I've not seen a film here but apparently it's the countries last remaining cinema that uses a back projection system, necessary because of punter's heads being in the way in the single storey building. Woodhall was dominated by forces activity during WW2 and when the Dambusters films were screened they apparently found room in the foyer for a Merlin Engine.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Cracking place, Woodhall Spa....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Has a rather pleasant end to a worrying day. Little chap down stairs has been having intermittent sharp stabby pains. Could see nothing wrong until not long ago when I noticed a piece of wire from my grinder wire wheel embedded in the front of my underwear...

Phew! Karma I suppose, those little bastards end up everywhere particularly in 'er indoors's feet.
OMG U OK HUN?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

So you really did feel a little prick?
Private signature, do not read
BurgundyNarrowboatBloke

Post by BurgundyNarrowboatBloke »

Knotted wire brush grinder wire is a vicious thing. Had to pull one out of my hand with a pair of pliers the other day. I have one embedded in my knee that showed up on an x ray a couple of years ago resulting in a call from the puzzled GP.
Triumph Licker and owner of a 45 that no-one seems to want.
HMC

Post by HMC »

Unscrewed the fuel filler flap from the clapped out piece of shit (Vito) and posted it. No, I’m not breaking it for spears reapers on e bay; I sent the flap to a paint shop to colour match it. It’s been a few colours and although the the most recent repaint was done with a spoon in a sandstorm, I quite like the colour(!)
198D1EC0-8086-4BE2-86A6-85D02655BBDC.jpeg
198D1EC0-8086-4BE2-86A6-85D02655BBDC.jpeg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 4906 times
1962 p4 80 // 1963 minor // 2005 streetwise