Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Bangernomics

Two wheels good.

Post by Bangernomics »

Drum wrote:
Bangernomics wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:04 am MOT booked for the vfr tomorrow, ashamed to admit I’ve done a whole 150 between tests due to cycling to the last contract and frog house stuff.

Considered selling it then realised anything I own is worthless and only worth cash when it’s time to buy a new one.

Less annoying tag line.
750 or 8 hunner?

There's a cheap 750 near me on Facebook I've been eyeing up.

Mot passed with advisories for head bearing slightly lumpy and front sliders sticky which is no surprise with living in the garage for a year. I’d swapped the fluid and freed them up but I have new pads and some red grease for them this weekend.

Hoping for a few hot days so I can get some new tyres on and worn in properly. Umming and ahhing about exporting it but it’s bloody heavy, backs knackered and I spend more time on chicken chasers these days.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
Bangernomics

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by Bangernomics »

Jazoli wrote:600 miles into the new bike

Went to the seaside today

Its a very cool bike, and is a lot faster than it looks, its run in now (and I've never been one for running bikes in) and happily wheelies off the throttle in second once you turn the TC off (which is awesome and sounds like a proper race bike when it kicks in)
Is that the 9? The retro reboot looks good on them in green.

Less annoying tag line.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Bangernomics wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 am I got my first bike in November after catching a train into Euston. It pissed down all the way back to Manchester and I had to stop every couple of hours to defrost my nuts.

Less annoying tag line.
I did my DAS Nov-Jan & picked up my first bike to ride 30miles into a gale during a thunderstorm at night. Chinese 125s don't go uphill very quick like that & it wasn't what I'd call fun.
Private signature, do not read
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

Bangernomics wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:53 am
Jazoli wrote:600 miles into the new bike

Went to the seaside today

Its a very cool bike, and is a lot faster than it looks, its run in now (and I've never been one for running bikes in) and happily wheelies off the throttle in second once you turn the TC off (which is awesome and sounds like a proper race bike when it kicks in)
Is that the 9? The retro reboot looks good on them in green.

Less annoying tag line.
Yeah Z900RS Cafe, I went to get a brown and orange non-cafe but this was offered at £2.2k off list, whereas there was no discount on the brown one, so a no-brainer really, its a great bike and much more suited to general fucking around than the Z1000SX.
CBA
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

Probably slightly easier on the back and wrists too. Well bought.

Less annoying tag line.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Well, the bike I bought but, can't show you, due to Hooli's incompetence with the uploader, is, a 1990 Cagiva Supercity 125.
Same engine and gearbox as the Mito but on a supermoto style set up.
Just been restored and slightly tickled in the carb and compression departments. It goes very well.
Had an hour's ride yesterday with a pal on a 900 Hornet and he was impressed with its speed and handling, far outhandling the Hornet in the bends although he pissed it on the straights!
I'm very happy with it, far more comfortable than the Mito.
I will continue restoring the Mito and keep it for short track use and occasional road duties and use the Supercity on the road.
Need to slow down a bit though according to my pal. Was maybe a bit eager after not being out for a while and the 2 stroke zing egging me on. His points are noted, I'll follow him next time.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Another new set of shit cheap indicators fitted on my 14 after the wires fell out of one recently. Ebay tat so sealed & not worth trying to open & fix. At least these are a bit brighter so might serve their purpose.
Private signature, do not read
RetroShite

Post by RetroShite »

CBT's done today so was out very briefly this afternoon on the kmx 125, great fun.
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

Bangernomics wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:08 pm Probably slightly easier on the back and wrists too. Well bought.

Less annoying tag line.
Actually no its the other way round, the ZSX had a proper tourer riding position and was very upright indeed, the Z9 less so and there is a bit of a stretch to the bars but its not uncomfortable, I've done 700 miles in 6 days and apart from a numb arse I've had no aches and pains.
CBA
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

RetroShite wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:35 pm CBT's done today so was out very briefly this afternoon on the kmx 125, great fun.
Do you have any green lanes in Scotland?