Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by LynehamHerc »

But how would they feel riding with you?

With regard to the age question I guess that it would improve your chances of getting old.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Well if you join you have to do the training & they ask you to pass the test within two years, so it shouldn't be an issue. I was told today that my riding is ok except I'm impatient & my positioning could be better, two things I already knew really but always good to get constructive comments from an independent source.
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm Don't worry, I'm immune to the hi-viz stupidity. I prefer safety black.
I'm still of the opinion loud pipes save lives, unless they are on some sort of Harley, in which case they cross the line between loud and fucking annoying.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm Does it mean I'm getting old though?
Yes you auld cunt.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

DodgeRover wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 pm
Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm Don't worry, I'm immune to the hi-viz stupidity. I prefer safety black.
I'm still of the opinion loud pipes save lives, unless they are on some sort of Harley, in which case they cross the line between loud and fucking annoying.
I'm oddly of the opinion openface lids save lives. I've tried riding the same bike in the same way, down the same roads at the same time of day & when in an openface cars give you more room & don't ignore you exist. I guess they think you look like trouble.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm Fourteen oh twooooooooooooooooooo, that's 100 miles for every CC fact fans.

20191005_095442.jpg

I did this while going to meet a local advanced riding group. I'm seriously considering joining, if only because it made such a change to ride with people who don't appear dangerous & embarrassing to be near. Does it mean I'm getting old though?

Don't worry, I'm immune to the hi-viz stupidity. I prefer safety black.
There’s groups and groups in my experience. If you’re lucky they’ll be cool, if not you’ll want to stab them all in the neck within seconds. Good luck.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

brandersnatch wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm
Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:35 pm Fourteen oh twooooooooooooooooooo, that's 100 miles for every CC fact fans.

20191005_095442.jpg

I did this while going to meet a local advanced riding group. I'm seriously considering joining, if only because it made such a change to ride with people who don't appear dangerous & embarrassing to be near. Does it mean I'm getting old though?

There’s groups and groups in my experience. If you’re lucky they’ll be cool, if not you’ll want to stab them all in the neck within seconds. Good luck.
Well I enjoyed today, so I've paid up & joined. I know exactly what you mean though, I tried it years ago in cars & wanted to stab them in moments for being utter smug twats who did stupid dangerous things because it was safer*.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:54 pm
brandersnatch wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm

20191005_095442.jpg

Well I enjoyed today, so I've paid up & joined. I know exactly what you mean though, I tried it years ago in cars & wanted to stab them in moments for being utter smug twats who did stupid dangerous things because it was safer*.
Glad you enjoyed it. The car side is much worse. It seems green is much more fun than red 😂😂😂
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

My local furniture and general tat auction has got two dusty barn find mopeds in. A 1979 Honda Vision and a Honda CF70 with no plates. Anybody here be interested.in them? Are they worth anything? Both look complete.
OMG U OK HUN?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Hooli wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:38 pm
DodgeRover wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 pm
I'm oddly of the opinion openface lids save lives. I've tried riding the same bike in the same way, down the same roads at the same time of day & when in an openface cars give you more room & don't ignore you exist. I guess they think you look like trouble.
Eye contact is easier in an open face helmet, I found riding a sports bike wearing a Mx helmet and goggles also makes people look twice..... Unfortunately it means you are also much more likely to be stopped