Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by Warren t claim »

I suppose I should give this thread another thrilling chapter.

Let's talk about one particular chap we called CorsaBoy due to him financing a Corsa C and giving it the full Max Power treatment.

CorsaBoy used to work on the docks (Sounds like the opening of a Bon Jovi tune) and loved to tell us tales of collecting and delivering various supercars along with his stories of when he was a rally navigator and liked to tell us that he's buying an R1 when he breezes through his test despite us saying that he'd be better with a 600 Bandit. Undeterred the owner of the training school was keen to shift on his 2002 Honda Fireblade (after bodging the gearbox) and after finding out this info demanded that we give him first refusal. Now there was no fucking way we'd let him test ride it without either paying for it or at the very least passing his test first but to silence his whining I agreed to give him a pilly run on the back up the M53. CorsaBoy insisted that he wouldn't be scared by a bit of speed and requested that I showed him what the bodged Honda could do, fair enough. As it was a quiet Sunday morning I took him on the back at sane speeds around town until I hit the start of the motorway whereupon I then unleashed all 160bhp in all the gears (except the bodged third) until we ran up to about 160ish before looping a fast roundabout at junction 4 and then nailing it again of the homeward leg of our fast and very illegal test ride. After returning back to our compound I discovered to my dismay that my arse was wet through, CorsaBoy despite his demands for speed had managed to piss himself and in the process piss over me as well. Lacking any excuse that would leave him any credibility he apologised and ate humble pie for the next two hours. Eventually after passing his test, first time in his credit, he bought a GSX600F and never spoke again about his tolerance of speed.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Let's talk a little more about our wide cross section of pupils.

One lad I remember was a 20 year old that we called Marilyn due to his habit of wearing Marilyn Manson T Shirts.

Now Marilyn had a few quirks. He was a diabetic who was into self harm but was gifted at IT and wasn't short of cash in his job of troubleshooting EPOS systems at supermarkets. He drove a 18 month old company Focus that he had picked all the foam off the steering wheel because it distracted him from cutting himself with a razor blade. Now Marilyn was a pretty good rider but for some reason he just couldn't get himself to get through the test much to our dismay. On his third and final unsuccessful attempt with us we rode back quickly to our training compound because his diabetes was playing up and he urgently needed sugar which shouldn't be a problem as he had left a Mars Bar in our office. Sadly Andy, the new owner of our school, had seen said Mars Bar and thinking it was mine had decided to eat it...

Another pupil we called Danny Six Tests due to how many attempts it took him to get through. Danny was a nice enough lad but he sure had his quirks. He had bought a 535 Virago in anticipation of getting his full licence and left it with us at our compound while he was learning and used to visit often to modify it to how he wanted it. Now Danny was resigned to never getting a girlfriend so he modified his Virago to being a single seat. When I say seat I mean some sheet steel covered in vinyl. Sadly his Virago shat its main bearings a week after passing his test so he pushed it to a local bike shop. When he was told how much it'd cost to fix it he asked the owner of the bike shop to buy it. Now obviously the owner of the bike shop wasn't really interested so for a laugh he offered £15 which Danny happily accepted. Obviously, this pissed me off no end as I'd of offered £20.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Great stuff WTC. Keep ‘em coming.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

2 wheels plus 1 news. Trike has issues again. Went to use it today due to BMW needing a new windscreen and it wouldn't turn over. It was showing symptoms of being a flat battery which it's never had issues with before since having the gel battery on or a knackered starter motor or worse case the engine locking up. I rolled it off the driveway and bumped it and it started with an almighty clatter and a cloud of dark smoke out the exhaust. It then started first turn when turned off and on again from the key. I had to nip to Derby with the trailer to pick something up and the trike is all I could use. It felt when riding that it would occasionally pull back and surge again. When I got back home I could here it popping through air filter and the exhaust as well as smoking like a bitch. I think it's an engine rebuild job. The luggage box needs replacing as wood has rotten out and could do with wiring tidying up too. Oh joy. On a better note,a fiat FIRE engine will fit with a bell housing adapter. That maybe an idea. Single point injection from an early Punto or seicento.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Roland has survived being Bub'd for ages, I'm impressed.
Private signature, do not read
John F

Post by John F »

I'm currently struggling to do some work on the XJ900.

It needs the indicators sorting out (not flashing, probably a simple fix) and a fuel tap leak investigating. I might even have a spare fuel tap. Then it's ready for the MOT.

But can I be arsed. Clearly not. Sigh...
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Come on it’s lovely riding weather. You’ll regret it if you don’t!🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I've been doing some minor pre europe fettling. New fork oil and the steering bearings regreased.
Tyres should be fitted tomorrow and I've found a dragging brake so I'll rebuild the front calipers again.
20190515_162247.jpg
20190515_162247.jpg (3.72 MiB) Viewed 5305 times
Private signature, do not read
John F

Post by John F »

brandersnatch wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:45 pm Come on it’s lovely riding weather. You’ll regret it if you don’t!🏍🏍🏍🏍🏍
Yeah, but the CBX is on the road...
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
minimad5

Post by minimad5 »

Keep the stories coming Warren !

Bike related shit from me - Fettled the CBR1000F carbs, Cylinders 1 and 2 were a wee bit out from 3 and 4, after that it settled to a nice even idle.
Also managed with Warren's help (as no centre stand) to replace the rear shock, which was ... well fucked.
Just front fork seals to do (again) and a lick of paint on the swing arm.

Hooli, think you've popped up on Facebook as a suggested friend, i wanted to ask - Your bike is that an XJ ??
Are they heavy beasts ? , as once the CBR is gone (and the Defender) I'd like something with a bit of 'oomph', and other than falling for a Hayabusa, I'd like to know / try other stuff first.