Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by DodgeRover »

Should do
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Ahh Hog riders...

Private signature, do not read
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Jerzy Woking wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:34 pm
brandersnatch wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:35 pm Never tried speedway. No brakes! The Husabergs we were riding all had a little button on the handlebars that started the engine 😂. No problem 😉

Only bike I have owned with a left kick start was my Morini 3½, which could be kicked over by hand.

I miss kickstarters.

And starting handles.
I did briefly own a CZ (I think) that had a combined starter/gear lever.

I'd love one of those Morini's but the right side gear change puts me off.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Found the left/right lever change over easy after a few miles.

Adapting to a right hand gear change in a car is far more of a challenge for me. I still occasionally go for the door handle and not the gear stick.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I learned on a Bultaco which had a right hand gear change, was never an issue riding Japanese stuff.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I used to ride a mate's Velocettes occasionally with a RH 1 down - 3 up shift. After 15mins or so the first time it was fine.

Starting those big singles took longer to master..
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

I had a 69 Bonnie (right foot gearchange but reversed so 1 up 3 down) a Greeves trials bike with the Villiers motor so 1 down 3 up, an R1 with left foot gearchange 1 down 5 up, a GoldWing, a Husky an XT500 and would ump off one and straight on another never bothered me at all.
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

Today our lorry broke down on our round and because the fitters had the cab tipped forward we were standing outside on the pavement chatting.
As usual the subject of motorcycles came up and I was telling a story that happened when I was nineteen, as most of you know when someone is talking motorbikes there is usually a lot of movement, hands pretending they are working throttles and such.

Today was a case in point, part of my story involved an acquaintance diving out of a hedge to warn me that there was a police car parked waiting for me just around the next junction and me not hearing what he shouted and switching the bike off to ask him what he was on about, then hurriedly having to start the bike again to make a getaway...
I pretended I was quickly trying to kickstart a motorcycle and got a wave of pain from my knee up the back of my leg, causing me to yelp out and hobble around in a lot of pain for a few minutes.
It didn't really do much for me in the cool stakes.

Fussake, due to finances I haven't ridden a bike this year and I go an injure myself trying to start an imaginary bike.

The original bike was a low mileage Suzuki GT250X7, worth nothing then, probably worth quite a bit now.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I tried to take the Hornet to work today. It broke down pretending it'd run out of fuel a mile from my house. It hadn't so I guess I'll be taking the fuel tap out the tank to see why it's blocked.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Yellowperil wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:07 pm Today our lorry broke down on our round and because the fitters had the cab tipped forward we were standing outside on the pavement chatting.
As usual the subject of motorcycles came up and I was telling a story that happened when I was nineteen, as most of you know when someone is talking motorbikes there is usually a lot of movement, hands pretending they are working throttles and such.

Today was a case in point, part of my story involved an acquaintance diving out of a hedge to warn me that there was a police car parked waiting for me just around the next junction and me not hearing what he shouted and switching the bike off to ask him what he was on about, then hurriedly having to start the bike again to make a getaway...
I pretended I was quickly trying to kickstart a motorcycle and got a wave of pain from my knee up the back of my leg, causing me to yelp out and hobble around in a lot of pain for a few minutes.
It didn't really do much for me in the cool stakes.

Fussake, due to finances I haven't ridden a bike this year and I go an injure myself trying to start an imaginary bike.

The original bike was a low mileage Suzuki GT250X7, worth nothing then, probably worth quite a bit now.
Dangerous things motorbikes, imaginary or otherwise :lol: