EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: EBay Finds

Post by LynehamHerc »

Providing the latter are not like the one in Kill Bill?
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I'd sell my MGB GT at a blink of an eye if I could afford to replace it with a 240Z.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I know what you mean but I'd keep mine as it's a convertible. If it was a GT there'd be no question unless it was a V8, even then it'd probably go.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Some Jap stuff is OK. 240Z, the 2000GT Toyota, early Celicas etc. The '84 on Supra 2.8i with the Lotus suspension was a fine machine and lovely to drive. Before the whizz bang turbo chav chariots basically.

The Capri 3000 was an MGC with market research. The very same recipe but properly thought out.

The B V8 was pissing in the wind. The Triumph TR8 however was a winner and would have ended TVR. But of course they didn't actually build it. :roll:
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Yanks got TR8s,though - there were a shit-load of them on some wasteground near where I used to live. Well, not exactly wasteground but a disused storage yard behind a local village garage. Distinctly remember breaking in there one night with torches trying to shine the beam down the bonnet louvres to confirm their identity. They weren't badged up (or strictly speaking, stickered-up) as anything. This would have been around 1980.

Donkey's years later I met a bloke at a car show in Oxfordshire who was emigrating. Admiring my Farina, he mentioned he had a load of old brochures from his dealer days. Went back to his house and bought a load off him and over tea and buns he told me he was the fella who negotiated the temporary lease where the TRs were being stored all those years ago. He was still visibly extremely pissed off about the whole BL saga.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
64A60

Post by 64A60 »

Interesting replacement for the fragile Hawk grille.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1966-Humber- ... SwxOlec4Bh
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

CLINT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:09 pm
Hooli wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:32 pm I've got an original road test that says they are great, I've just not got much interest as the wrong country made it.
The wrong country? Can you imagine how great certain cars would be if they were made in Japan? I know they got it the wrong way round but a collaboration between the Italians and the Japanese would make a great sports car. Or a Jaguar with Lexus build quality, what a car that would be! A Lexus with Jaguar build an doesn't seem so appealing now does it?
Anything built in other countries doesn't interest me nearly as much, part of the joy of a classic to me is owning part of my country's motoring heritage.
Private signature, do not read
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

This looks like a bit of alright...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1215666
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

That's lovely. Smoke grey as well - I'd be painting the sills body colour as it looks a bit '1976 MOT failure' with the tide mark. I do like an 1100.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

mercrocker wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:04 pm Yanks got TR8s,though - there were a shit-load of them on some wasteground near where I used to live. Well, not exactly wasteground but a disused storage yard behind a local village garage. Distinctly remember breaking in there one night with torches trying to shine the beam down the bonnet louvres to confirm their identity. They weren't badged up (or strictly speaking, stickered-up) as anything. This would have been around 1980.

Donkey's years later I met a bloke at a car show in Oxfordshire who was emigrating. Admiring my Farina, he mentioned he had a load of old brochures from his dealer days. Went back to his house and bought a load off him and over tea and buns he told me he was the fella who negotiated the temporary lease where the TRs were being stored all those years ago. He was still visibly extremely pissed off about the whole BL saga.
They were all Convertibles though with the smog spec engine. If only they'd built a full fat version with both bodies, it would have been a winner. They could have axed the Dolomite in 1978 (not before time), dropped the O Series in and built nothing but TR7's at Canley. The Convertible would have been a big seller.