EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: EBay Finds

Post by mercrocker »

Thanked for the offer....I don't agree with plate rape, though! The free car syndrome can work out OK but more often than not what happens is that the plate ends up with a reg. dealer at a vastly inflated sum (usually enough to prevent anybody that really wanted it from having it) and the car begins a slippery slope to worthlessness. I think it is time that the "historic" status of a car reflected its importance and that includes the original registration which is unique and part of the car's story. A mate of mine flogged the plate on his A50 to "fund the restoration" which was I suppose a worthy cause. All the happened was that he blew the money on a stack of secondhand panels (many of which were inferior to what was on the car) and eventually the car went round the oval largely because he had devalued it by 50 percent.

If I had a spare couple of grand I'd be on that Minx - a major factor in buying the Cowley was that the bloke who had his eye on it was only interested in the number plate and "hotrodding" the car to get a quick buck.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

The plate is worth £500. Not worth ruining the car for. This car was already old when I was born ffs. It’s made it this far when most had been scrapped by 1970 or so.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

What the Rev. said. Plate isn't remotely special or interesting. Probably just some wannabe 'wheeler dealer' thinking they can make a quick buck. The listed price of the car is far in excess of what the number plate is worth that's true, and most people who want a decent example of this car will already have one. So you get a disproportionate number of mongs trying to pick over it, all spurred on by the shit they see on the telly and youtube about 'flipping' - I fucking hate that term - and customising/rodding. If I was looking for a long-term car I wouldn't even consider one that lost it's original mark. As mercrocker says, it's another big step closer to the oval.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
59Impala

Post by 59Impala »

I did own a circa 1960 Minx once, haggled the price down from 12 quid to seven as I recall :-). Mind you that was in 1974 and my plan was to banger race it but sadly I never got around to it. After using up goodwill with friend's parents for free drive parking it ended up parked on the green outside our council house. The council took exception to that and took it away with a skip lorry to their compound at Plumstead :-(. I don't like cars losing their original plates either, you lose a lot of the history of the car really, nobody will see it and recognise as their dad's old car. My Anglia still has its original number and it's not for sale. I saw an advert for my old Mk2 Zodiac which was 534COE and the prick trying to sell it said that the plate was worth money. Sigh. My RHD 58 Belair was VXO9 and it was always known by that plate but sadly the owner before last kept it. Mind you that was minor compared to the list of indignities that it endured after I sold it.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Check out this quality sans permis spaz chariot. I buy a lot of shit but couldn't ever bring myself to buy this.
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1907081085.htm
ligier.jpg
ligier.jpg (139.74 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
ligier a.jpg
ligier a.jpg (157.97 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
ligier 1.jpg
ligier 1.jpg (159.22 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

This is a lovely bit of kit

When it's got one of these:

You know it was properly engineered because of this

With a back axle like this you know it means business
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154185324520
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Now that does look proper, I'm guessing a supercharged two stroke diesel?
Private signature, do not read
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

The multicolour spaz chariot would look okay resprayed in a nice light blue...
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

...inflammable liquid.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

RR C Series was a (usually blown) 4 stroke straight six....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......