Tales of cars going through the ring.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Tales of cars going through the ring.

Post by CLINT »

Not wanting to hijack Warrens thread, I thought I would start one. Hundreds of cars have passed through my hands on the way to or from the auctions. Mostly unmemorable but some stick out.

The first one I remember is when I worked at a local garage and was tasked with driving a Hyundai Pony X2 back home. I only made it halfway due to some serious oversteer and my incompetent 18 year old driving skills. Upside down in a hedge it went. Boss not very happy but better than you would expect.

I offered to bring it back as I had a tow car and a friend had a trailer so off we went to recover it. Boss had to pay for fuel though as I was skint. He paid about £1100 for it which was top money for one of those even then but it was pretty,turquoise and mint.
It would have retailed for £2k. We took it to the scrapyard and got £50 for it. I still had a job after too surprisingly.
OMG U OK HUN?
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Re: Tales of cars going through the ring.

Post by bub2006 »

More the merrier. Love the old stories myself.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

My mum had a Pony X2 once. I couldn't drive it at all, the brakes were so over assisted I locked the wheels everytime I tried to slow down.
Private signature, do not read
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

My first auction purchase was at Witney auctions in 1988. VGN655R was a 1977 Cortina 1.6L, eleven years old and fucked. Noisy cam, shagged clutch, terrible paint job from Diamond white to blue. It was £100. I fitted a cheap Brown Brothers cam kit, replaced the clutch plate (fuck changing the whole lot) and sprayed it with ICI Permobel synthetic Ford Venetian red.
Cruiser45

Post by Cruiser45 »

About 15 years ago the local auction (now gone) had a mint navy Favorit estate in the tat corner,obviously a part ex that wouldn't sell.my dad won it for £80, left the £40 deposit and we went home with the idea of getting the bus back and driving it home.on the way back home he just thought,nah I'll just leave it,and we never went back for it!
Park your ass in Fibreglass
NigelBickle

Post by NigelBickle »

I e got an X2 someplace.

Can’t remember why, or where it is. Might investigate
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I'd quite happily see this thread merged with mine. No hijack at all, just makes sense.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:29 am My first auction purchase was at Witney auctions in 1988. VGN655R was a 1977 Cortina 1.6L, eleven years old and fucked. Noisy cam, shagged clutch, terrible paint job from Diamond white to blue. It was £100. I fitted a cheap Brown Brothers cam kit, replaced the clutch plate (fuck changing the whole lot) and sprayed it with ICI Permobel synthetic Ford Venetian red.
I've bought a lot of Cortinas from auctions over the years, but never from Witney. I was at Witney Aucrion or WOMA as it is now on Friday with my brother to pickup a 2012 330d manual ex-Police car he bought on Thursday night . It owes him the best part of £5k, but seems OK no holes and it was a plain car for Surrey, eirther traffic or ARV as it's obviously had stuff bolted into the boot, only done 80,000 miles too.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

5 bags was cheap enough. They're a rocketship as well.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Warren t claim wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 pm I'd quite happily see this thread merged with mine. No hijack at all, just makes sense.
WTF? still not used to this kind of behaviour from a mod
OMG U OK HUN?