The Heirloom Laguna Deux - Gone

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: The Heirloom Laguna Deux - Trouble lurking

Post by SiC »

No idle air control valve on these as fully electronic drive-by-wire throttle body. I've read that if the +5v supply from the ECU gets shorted to ground somewhere, it can caused the ECU to go into throttle body fault mode.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

No second hand ones seem available for sale on eBay UK surprisingly. Are these getting too old now that parts are starting to dry up??

There are some on eBay that looks right with the correct connector for the Mégane and Scenic, but I'll have to check with part numbers. Renault are a bit notorious apparently for changing parts used on engines with the exact same model numbers and even between years on the same model.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I should also add that even though the mounting points for the iat sensor are broken, it still reads a sensible value through the OBD port.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

I can't add anything useful to this other than good luck! Rather you than me!
OMG U OK HUN?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

There are no Laguna II's in U Pull it.

They've not had one for over a year - I usually check them for Xenon igniters and bulbs.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Sad times.

I suspect most go straight to the bailer as not enough demand for parts nowadays to keep one in stock.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Yes, those, Mondeo 1/2/3, Vectras etc.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

4 months on of boring driving since the last update and nothing much to report. Mostly behaved itself and started everytime, despite long periods between runs at the moment.

I have noticed it does heavy gear changes when setting off after a hot restart. My suspicion is that the "sealed-for-life" ATF probably needs changing as it goes too thin when heat soaked. Also would be why I got more grief from it when I was in Bristol City as much more sitting at lights + queues. As far as I'm aware the ATF is original fill. It may have to wait till winter as once the Boxster is fixed, this will go away and my other toys will come back out to play.

As per news threads, it did get damaged by someone squeezing out of their car in a car park. I know it has plenty of scuffs but this peed me off.

Today I found my cheap DA polisher and got to work turd polishing. Still noticeable but looks a lot better. Sorry for the shit blurry picture, you'll just have to imagine. CBA to take another because no one is probably reading this thread. Bluryness makes it look better though.

Doesn't look too back 10 foot away.

Terribly boring to drive but it starts everytime and easy + comfortable to runaround in. Scuffs ensure others yield and not have to worry too much in car parks. Velour seats are comfy enough, steering light and the suspension on this is pretty compliant. Perfect boring winter beater really.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

I don't suppose you need any bits for it as I just had to get a DCI engine for a Trafic and the guy I got it from has got the rest of the Laguna rotting away in a wood. It had a front end impact that had set off the air bags but the rest of it was ok. It was a very interesting breaker as he also has a load of Bedford Rascals and 3 Opel Manta's rotting into the ground around it if anyone is interested in them, one hatch and 2 coupes, but they have been sitting at least 15 years in a pine wood.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Genuinely struggling to think of anything I need as everything pretty much works! Even the front passenger window has suddenly decided that auto up/down is a thing it can actually do. Despite only previously working manually.

The only things not working is the CD Drive in the Satnav and the air conditioning needs a regas. Does the crashed Laguna have a MK1 satnav setup?