My slightly knackered old cars

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
RetroShite

Re: My slightly knackered old cars

Post by RetroShite »

DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Have they finished moaning about the Cortina yet?
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

That 205 is a nippy wee thing Foad. Looks like the missus is enjoying it.
RetroShite

Post by RetroShite »

I recently bought a new camera with an input for external mic so have been messing around and trying to make some slightly higher quality video clips today with no wind noise.
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

RetroShite wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:58 pm

I recently bought a new camera with an input for external mic so have been messing around and trying to make some slightly higher quality video clips today with no wind noise.
liked, enjoyed watch that
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
RetroShite

Post by RetroShite »

The stellar had been reeking of fuel since I bought it so had a look at the fuel pump and discovered it was leaking fuel out of the pump, decided to remove it and check what the issue was, here's the video...

RetroShite

Post by RetroShite »

RetroShite

Post by RetroShite »

ImageIMG_6245 by srblythe, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6246 by srblythe, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6249 by srblythe, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6251 by srblythe, on Flickr

I've been after a van for a while but much like off road bikes at the moment, everything for sale seems to have covid inflation and people are asking way too much for them.
Trying to find a van for £1k or less was proving quite difficult and anything that did appear for sale sold instantly.
I saw the LDV a couple of months back on marketplace with a price of £1234, I enquired about it and the owner wanted offers, I made an offer of £450 as it was out of mot and I needed to factor in transporting it. The seller replied he needed £700 for it and all the welding it failed on on its last test had been done so I agreed to pay £700 and arranged transport, after that the seller stopped responding for a while until he replied that he was going to mot it and sell it for more which was fair enough.

A month after that it appeared for sale again from some relation of his, she said she needed £1k for it as they had spent £700 on welding etc and it was ready for an mot, I said I couldn't get down there until the end of the week and by that point it was sold to someone else.

The person that bought it had to redo most of the welding but did manage to get it through an mot. He advertised it on Gumtree for £1200 which I was prepared to pay for a van with a fresh ticket.
I made arrangements to collect it at the end of the week and turned up to see it on time, I had a look at it, he showed me the bits he'd had to do etc, we wended up chatting for a while, he was impressed with the Subaru MV Pickup I'd arrived in and we talked about that, cars and bikes etc.

I was prepared to just pay the asking price and leave but he basically said he was open to offers on it so I offered £1k which he was happy with, I think because we had got along and I was easy to deal with as a buyer he was happier to haggle.

I transferred the money and jumped in it and drove it back up the road, it drives absolutely fine but the speedometer is out of action, looking at the mot history the mileage hasn't changed since 2018, I really should have paid more attention.

I wanted a van for chucking motorbikes in, I'm hoping in the summer we can chuck the bikes in and drive out to the highlands and explore them by 2 stroke 125's whil leaving the van as a base camp somewhere. That's the idea anyway...
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

FUCKING CLASS. I love Sherpas.
RetroShite

Post by RetroShite »

ImageIMG_6316 by srblythe, on Flickr

I've been using this Aprilia quite regularly now, around December I had all of the go faster bits fitted and it's well run in and now it really flies, the speedometer doesn't work so I don't really know how fast it is but it feels incredibly quick for a 125 mainly because it has a big bore barrel fitted...

I took it out across the old road bridge at the weekend and took a shaky gopro video, I've since bought a body mount so hoping to get out tomorrow and get some better footage of it being thrashed with better sound quality.