Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by mercrocker »

It's another great thread where it isn't always "thanked" properly but I am nonetheless enjoying seeing the progress.....Good stuff and Thanks!
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

What he said. Thanks.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Sorry Guys was going to post another update but life got in the way :(
Cant remember where I was up to and my pics have gone awol it looks like FB are getting wise to remote linking :roll:

The pedal box is back in ;)

Hopefully the dash will be back in next week sometime?

im nearly there I had to strip a floorpan side at a time in between weather etc

Anyway feast your eyes on this!

I then pulled out all the rear folding seat mechanism and found more bloody bitumen :twisted:

After spending 3 days covered in the shit then stripping the paint underneath it :roll:

Ta Da

Its not finished next stage is to replace seam sealer new for old then overcoat with black enamel :mrgreen:

Next there's another Saga the Wiper Linkage Saga

Grab the Popcorn!
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Nice work, Jo....It'll be worth it knowing how sound it is when the trim's back in.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

There's a job I can't see me ever bothering to do on a car.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

So the Elephant in the Room :roll:
The wiper linkage :?
Trouble for the second time heading to the third :twisted:

Some of you might remember from that other forum :roll: the original wiper linkage that had come from the states on the car was as loose as a lady of the night and wouldn't turn the wipers or at times would bind and fry fuses for fun :twisted:

So I got another better one from a rusted wrecker here in the uk but had really good bushings ;)

That has lasted two years until I had to remove the wipers and the spindle bent like a Swiss cheese banana :shock:

So we had this :(

Oh Bollox!

I got another linkage but it was worse than the one I have so I split it into companant parts in the hope of using it as a pattern to get a better one made ;)

I then hacked off the bent spline

To reveal a bent shaft :roll:

The garage that painted the car straightened the shaft for me and i bought some Land Rover splines to replace the fubured one ;)

Which were too small :roll:

So I found you can get Ford Spline caps in the states but by the time you add cost,shipping its like $60 :cry:

Soo

I spent three days grinding the mushroomed top off one of the spline caps and driving out the shaft in the hope I didnt split the seized cap a few mm at a time and soak in WD40 and try the next day

And eventually i got the prize :mrgreen:

and now this bit

has to go on this bit

Hopefully it will seal to stop water coming in through the spindle holes and enough to get me through the winter while i get something proper that lasts longer than ford intended to replace it :|

Wish me Luck
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Thanks Guys :)
Yes its all about knowing what's under the new sound deadening is all sound :mrgreen:
And believe me Hooli I cant see me ever doing this again :lol:

The next one I do will be "I cant give a toss look!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

My images linked from faceache keep going after a while :(
Anyways The Shite One is currently on hollibobs now having the EFI done ;)
Told my mate to take his time not in a hurry to get him back just now though he may be getting used a bit more next year if we ever get out of here alive :roll:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Its been a while Sam is back in Hospital tomorrow for follow up surgery so cars have been the last thing on my mind.

Had a call from my mate last week to say there was progress on the shite one :)

He now has electrickery witchcraft going on in the fuel pump department at a much greater pressure :o

The Mechanically Horse and Cart pump has been pensioned off and the tank has been chemically cleaned and had fitments tig welded in place to necessitate Go and Return lines for transmission of Motion Lotion :mrgreen:

And the lines have been replaced with bigger diameter hard lines for go as the original now nearly 46 years old he didn't trust and the car never had a return system anyhow :(

He reported that he just needed to modify my intake as its dual plane and needs to either be single or as he has modified it Hybrid so its duel plane with an inch flow through ground out of the dividing wall as the ECU has to be able to read the Air Fuel Ratio from all four injectors at the same time and leaving it duel would of upset the apple cart :twisted: :roll:

And there's more as Jimmy Cricket would say :roll:

Stay Tooned :P
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

So Today this happened :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]

Running on good old GMT EFI :mrgreen: