Bullshit of the day

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Junkman

Re: Bullshit of the day

Post by Junkman »

I did some research on that Rafael del Pino dude.
Man, what a fascist parasite.
Supply Chain Disruption

1957 DKW 3=6 Sonderklasse
1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
NergleFuttocks
Globalist Imperialist Pig Dog!

Post by NergleFuttocks »

In what way? Just your typical run of the mill family member of an unelected ruling elite. Wouldn’t say he stood out. What have you unearthed?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Eddie Honda wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 pm (I'm not sure if this is a piss-take. I looked at the date, and made sure I wasn't reading the Daily Mash.)

From Volkswagen:

"To compliment its latest electric vehicle, Volkswagen wanted to update its visual identity to one that would offer a more modern and holistic brand experience."

"The logo was produced "in the record time of nine months" by the Volkswagen design and marketing team.

It was a collaboration between a total of 19 internal teams and 17 external agencies..."

https://www.dezeen.com/2019/09/12/volks ... ctric-car/

It's the 1966/7 VW logo. Nothing more, nothing less.

Looks good tbf. A white on blue Swastika and introducing KDF as a basic trim level would be another great move. Heritage, innit?
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

And how about resurrecting that clever lease arrangement whereby you pay for your car monthly but never actually receive it? Think of the carbon footprint reduction.....VW would soon balance out their emission bullshit shenanigans.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

mercrocker wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:23 am And how about resurrecting that clever lease arrangement whereby you pay for your car monthly but never actually receive it? Think of the carbon footprint reduction.....VW would soon balance out their emission bullshit shenanigans.
That turned out to not be a popular scheme long term. Instead they have turned to to get you to pay for your car monthly while paying down the depreciation (i.e. paying for their costs and profit margins) and at the end of the term you have it taken away from you again. Of course now their costs are paid off, they can sell it on again to make some more profit. At this point, as the car has its costs paid off, they don't care about it and thus if it breaks you get stonewalled.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Also known as the Personally Conned Plan.
Private signature, do not read
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I'm not certain how profitable PCPs are to the makers.

Admittedly it was a bit ago now but I did some calculations on the cost of buying re PCP as we were looking at a new car. In most cases the total cost of a PCP was less than the depreciation a private buyer would suffer even after getting a reasonable discount.

It's a way to keep the factories going at a high rate but a risky one, they're effectively using Marginal rather than Absorption Costing (don't worry I won't explain them), but it is not a sensible long term business strategy. If the market turns down you quickly find out that you're not covering your overheads.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Did you allow for how much cheaper servicing etc is for them as they'll get it 'cost' to offer as part of the deal rather than the retail rate a customer would pay?
I rather suspect that offset a lot of the lost profits onto dealerships who got paid a lower hourly rate rather than the manufacturer.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

No, I just looked at ones with no servicing included.

I think part of the reason is the competition between MB, BMW and Audi to sell the most cars and the UK is a major market for them all.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I didn't know you could get those deals without servicing, but then I've never taken a lot of notice of them.