RS's Adventures in Small Renaults

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Junkman

Re: RS's Adventures in Small Renaults

Post by Junkman »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:18 pm Never really understood their appeal but there you go, can't argue with popularity.....
Because we are a bunch of individualists that only cherish the appeal of the underdogs.
Do you understand the appeal of a VW Golf? Me neither, to the extent that I can't believe I mentioned 'appeal' and 'VW Golf' in one sentence/question. But you will have to agree that it's a rousing success and a darn good car to boot.
Supply Chain Disruption

1957 DKW 3=6 Sonderklasse
1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I would counter that a sizeable portion of the Golf's market was gained by selling to the badge-conscious. It is a good car, though, and exactly what I have recommended to two sets of step-daughters over the past 20 years, none of whom expressed any interest in motor cars other than bus-ticket avoidance. As far as I know, they all still drive Golfs. I still wouldn't have urged any of them to buy an 1100 instead of an R4, though!
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

In a parallel universe, the Austin Allegro is now in it's seventh generation having sold 15 million units since 1973. Original Equippe models are changing hands for up to 40 grand.

Rover Group, having been saved by BMW in 1994, has now sold over twenty million cars encompassing Rover and MG saloons and MG/Triumph sports cars.

Oh well. :cry: