End of year (well not quite) Fleet reports? Ill Start :)

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Jazoli

Re: End of year (well not quite) Fleet reports? Ill Start :)

Post by Jazoli »

I have nothing shite really this year

Smallest car in the fleet has got a noisy gearbox (in reverse) and there's mayo in the cooling system but its running ok at the minute.

Next one up is my wankerchariot, its dropping into limp mode a lot since I had it remapped so its going back on wed to have it removed, window regulator failed today (my fault, window was frozen) and the winter wheels and tyres are going on at the weekend, also leather seats are fucking cold in the morning so I've bought some heated seat covers!

Next is the wife's 307CC, it continues to provide sterling service doing 800 miles a week up and down the M6 averaging 50mpg, its had a couple of COM2000 units this year as they keep failing but they are easy enough to sort with Lexia, its also had a wheel bearing and that's it, its due a cambelt but we'll see next spring if she decides to keep it.

Lastly is my Z1000SX, its almost new so nothing is broken, I just throw tyres and fuel at it, its under a couple of blankets in the garage and will re-emerge in spring.

5 vehicles came and went

The AS forum bike, I bought this, then sold it, then won it back on a roffle then sold it again.

I sold my Avensis

A nice BMW 3 series

daughter killed her Polo

Image (this was technically hers as she paid for it, but I paid too as I had to buy the above Bini)

and I traded my MT09SP

Quite a quiet year this year really, next year I am not buying or selling any cars, I may buy a track bike or a van, or a trailer but that really is it, I've spent too much money this year!
CBA
Frogchod

Post by Frogchod »

Only one addition to the fleet this year.
IMG_20190614_154834 (Large).jpg
IMG_20190614_154834 (Large).jpg (509.68 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
The Buick is used every Friday night for pub transport duties and is the weekend runabout.
My Xm is my weekly shopping chariot and my choice for any long distance trip, only one minor fault this year
with the TPS.
TPS was mechanically knackered but car still ran ok, other than that the XM has been utterly reliable.
The Reliant has been out to a couple of car shows other than that it's the wagon of choice for the weekly run to the
recycling centre.
The Dyane is still waiting for restoration (again)
Daily drive for work is a Peugeot Expert. Boringly reliable and now on 200K. Which is why I bought this after my previous Sevel van did 425K with no FTP's
Hopefully to be added to the fleet this year will be a DS.
cd3 (Large).jpg
cd3 (Large).jpg (390.93 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
Paper work is still on-going for this
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Oh bugger forget motorcycle additions.

Yamaha TY125 (in bits and probably going to end up as a breaker)
Aprilia Climber 280 (I think it's a 280 anyway)
Merlin Mono, have wanted one for ages mainly because they are rare and I like the comstar wheels which were promptly made illegal.
Hope to be out on mine in the new year.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

I should add that I've bought a Peugeot partner from my brother for £100. Saab probably for sale, may already have a buyer. Peugeot 106 to be scrapped soon.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

I sold this last week to some Asian traders hoping to make a few quid so one down...
IMG_20191015_140643.jpg
IMG_20191015_140643.jpg (409.24 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
OMG U OK HUN?
eddyramrod
The Invacare Destroyer

Post by eddyramrod »

As you will read soon in Classic Car Buyer: Huggy has had to have a section of exhaust. The year isn't over yet! He also needs an outer headlight.
Custodian of an ungrateful Jag.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

eddyramrod wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:25 am As you will read soon in Classic Car Buyer: Huggy has had to have a section of exhaust. The year isn't over yet! He also needs an outer headlight.
I think you too are meant to be together Eddy ;)

He just dosnt want to leave you!
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:30 pm Oh bugger forget motorcycle additions.

Merlin Mono, have wanted one for ages mainly because they are rare and I like the comstar wheels which were promptly made illegal.
Why were the wheels made illegal? I guess in competition due to falling off arm/leg through big gap hello nurse scenario?
eddyramrod
The Invacare Destroyer

Post by eddyramrod »

8BAK465 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:25 am
eddyramrod wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:25 am As you will read soon in Classic Car Buyer: Huggy has had to have a section of exhaust. The year isn't over yet! He also needs an outer headlight.
I think you too are meant to be together Eddy ;)

He just dosnt want to leave you!
You might have a point there Jo! I'd be delighted to keep him, except he's going to need bodywork sooner rather than later, and I can't afford to start that - not just financially either, but emotionally too.
Custodian of an ungrateful Jag.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

brandersnatch wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:04 pm
DodgeRover wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:30 pm Oh bugger forget motorcycle additions.

Why were the wheels made illegal? I guess in competition due to falling off arm/leg through big gap hello nurse scenario?
That's it, if you run them now you are supposed to have perspex inserts in the gaps to avoid potential bacon slicer action.