End of year (well not quite) Fleet reports? Ill Start :)

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
8BAK465

Re: End of year (well not quite) Fleet reports? Ill Start :)

Post by 8BAK465 »

Though I would re-kickstart this for the close of this miserable year!

So last year Sam's Daily went it had been on fleet four years I was on the insurance but had only driven it twice as I hated it :twisted:

Then my Daily went too :(
was a good old bus Id had it four years from new and covered 57k in it :mrgreen:

Then a company fleet car replaced both and we spent 11 months with that,what a horrible pile of Shite! This was the day we picked it up and even at that stage you would be mistaken for thinking it was pissing itself :lol:

We hated it so much that a month later Sam got another car and we only used the BMW Diseasel if we had to shift anything sizeable :? :roll:

Sam got this bundle of fun still on fleet and will be for a few years yet :mrgreen:

This year Sam's Mustang left the fleet and the proceeds have been put into a fund to get me a nice sensible daily :roll:

Lets see how that goes? Sam has suggested a nice nippy hatchback or sensible estate car as Ive vowed I am not doing leasing no more :?
I will of course follow Sam's brief closely
Do stay tooned :lol:

And Finally Shitey Wobstang Himself!
Still on Fleet with no sign of going anywhere! Currently full of "Restoration Junk" to carry on his adventure next year if we haven't all been vaporized and chipped :roll:

[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I can only see two sensible dailies in that post & they've both got V8s.
Private signature, do not read
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Hooli wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:01 am I can only see two sensible dailies in that post & they've both got V8s.
Ironically the guy who bought Sam's Mustang is Dailying it :mrgreen:
I might Daily mine to be fair next year only thing that's stopping me now is the heater is out of it needs a full strip down and rebuild :(

So next year Shitey may be my daily but there's money burning a hole so it may not be :roll:
But either way whatever i daily wont be new :roll: :? :lol:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I'll continue to daily my small blown V8, with the mileage I do having a boring second car would cost more than it saves & would mean I didn't use the car I bought to enjoy. Obviously my main daily will continue to have the correct number of wheels (two).
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

It was another century when I last dailied a V8....

So, where are we as of this shitty year?

Well, there is this thing.......
Mrs Rocker's granny taxi (and actually a decent distance car, not that we have fucking been anywhere)
focus.jpg
focus.jpg (391.33 KiB) Viewed 3106 times

1.8 basic spec. Doing what it is supposed to, no more, no less. Needs discs shortly but otherwise all good to go on another year.

Van is safely SORN'd and barn'd. MOT rolled to September this last year which actually makes more sense than the March date I have always worked to - it means I can get it straight out in the spring, just oil change and go.....
VAN.PNG
VAN.PNG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3106 times

I'm concerned about the longevity of the engine (only based on its current mileage and knowing how these things last*) but so far it is oil and coolant tight, never needs top up between services and as it is no longer tethered to a caravan I hope to get another couple of seasons out of it. Bodily the van is better than many but paint is shit and the interior is disintegrating. A key vehicle for retirement plans, though!

The Minor needs no introduction. It has been largely dorman this year as I was putting off changing the brake master. In the end I bit the bullet, pulled myself together and.....got some other bugger to do it. Since then it has been closest to a daily that I have, given I no longer commute but the shitters have been out this morning spreading their joy so that will limit useage for the time being. One or two rust bubbles have put themselves on the "concerning" list so they will need looking at this coming Spring and there are two new tyres waiting patiently for me to paint the chosen rims.

DSCF1945.JPG
DSCF1945.JPG (118.01 KiB) Viewed 3106 times

An old pic but it still looks the same....

Lastly, the Cowley again familiar to most on here. Just keeps plodding on, mileage severely down this year as it hasn't been to any of the rock and roll weekends in Norfolk, Devon or elsewhere around the country. A split has developed in the front seat which is annoying - I can't afford any more trimming work so it will be a home repair, luckily it is an otherwise original and undamaged panel. I'm still not happy with the Powerflow exhaust so I will probably be going back there to discuss before the Summer and there are still some undiagnosed trim and fittings rattles that make themselves known on a long run.
OSCAR SHAFTESBURY.jpg
OSCAR SHAFTESBURY.jpg (116.61 KiB) Viewed 3106 times

Now departed.....Merc 190E and Portafold Caravan. Funds in hand for fettling the others.....I don't envisage the fleet being added to in the near future although I still have not, in my head, replaced the Merc. We shall see......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I still like that two-tone look on the Minor, much better than the mono-colour ones.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Hooli wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:19 pm I still like that two-tone look on the Minor, much better than the mono-colour ones.
Me too - don't think I have ever seen a two -tone one before - looks really good.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

We haven't had any fleet changes this year, but Warren's crystal ball is predicting a caravan in our future.

The Disco (daily) has it's usual niggles. What I thought was the front diff turned out to be a wheel bearing. I must've been the last D3 owner left still using unmodified EGR valves (the second set it's had - they were replaced at great expense about ten years ago) but I finally gave in and got the garage to fit a blanking kit - it's not obvious and with any luck won't cause an MOT fail but it will also stop the annoying random Austin A30 power mode.

Every time I start the fucker I get an error about the HDC (Hill descent control) and every time it clears the error itself almost immediately.

I have bought a fancy code reader and plan to figure out how to use the fecker - with any luck I can even code a spare key with it.

Honda CRV (partner's daily) continues to be boringly reliable - niggling fault is an intermittent false bleep from the front parking sensor. Fuck knows what Honda were thinking - our model has sensors at the front at 45 degrees, but not any for straight ahead. I have the new part for when it finally craps out. Also there's the muffled knock from the back - I bought a new droplink for that but haven't got to fitting it yet.

AMC - see details elsewhere - always 1 step forward and 2 back. This year I will probably need to fit the spare engine.

Chevy - no major progress, managed to take off one more part (rear door) .
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Copied straight for AS, because I CBA rewriting...
End of year:
Vehicles: Audi A4, Porsche Boxster, Renault Laguna, MGB GT, Dolomite Sprint
Driveway storage: 3
Off site storage: 3 (but one space is the garage and that is in use temporarily for house moving)
Average age: 27.4
Age difference to me: 5.6 years newer

Hopefully next year I'll have space for another car. Not sure what it'll be. Thinking I may bite the bullet finally and get a Clio 172/182/Trophy.

Well that turned out to be a correct determination!

Start of Year: Dolomite, MGB, Boxster, A4, Laguna

+ 1968 Austin 1100 (maybe/maybe not sold yet - looking at this picture makes me question if I should be!)

+ 2002 Clio 172 (prediction correct!)Image

- 2002 Heirloom Gooner Gone (Sad but too many cars)Image

+/- My old 2007 Civic (sold to in-laws 2 years ago, they bought new car so I sold on for them)

+ 1985 BMW E28 520i (collection and work on it will start next year)Image

End of year:
Vehicles: Audi A4, Renault Clio 172, Porsche Boxster, BMW E28 520i, MGB GT, Dolomite Sprint, Austin 1100
Driveway storage: 2 + 1 garage space + 2 on-road (limited to 1 on-road to keep missus happy)
Off site storage: 3 (lost off site Garage but gained additional storage bay)
Average age: 32.6 years
Age difference to me: 2.2 years newer

Made me realise I possibly have too many cars! Not least the amount of work they all need doing on a constant basis. Definitely 6 cars is my upper limit and the 7 I'm at becomes a strain. Not least one is a full resto job. 
Big difference from last year is that I (FINALLY) moved house and gained a proper place to work on cars in the garage. Shame my Mojo has significantly diminished since then 😕
I suspect in a years time I'll be cutting the fleet down. Not least to save costs. Question is what goes though... 😬
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

My whole fleet has been changed this year. I started with the 806 and a Yaris as dailies and the Thunderturd and Panhard as toys. I also had my dad's Auris when he had to give up driving. The 'Turd had an engine rebuild last Christmas and found a new home as lockdown started. I then flogged the Yaris and replaced it with a Clio which is a much tidier loan car. The panhard and me just didn't get on mainly due to the horrible condition interior so out that went.v Auris went as it was boring and the 806 went in the end.
2020 354.JPG
2020 354.JPG (445.58 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 405.JPG
2020 405.JPG (527.07 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 006.JPG
2020 006.JPG (540.94 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 188.JPG
2020 188.JPG (474.02 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 265.JPG
2020 265.JPG (755.63 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
Some that came and went. The RO80 was rotten so broken for spares before the shell went off to be banger raced. The Rav4 was bought for a customer who let me down and promptly went off to live with Kiltox. The Range Rover was the first attempt at replacing the 806 but was shit. The Discovery was also bought for towing but again was a heap of shit. Then there was the old Peugeot bought blind in southern France. That went before things got too expensive.
2020 024.JPG
2020 024.JPG (493.43 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 227.JPG
2020 227.JPG (523.6 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 371.JPG
2020 371.JPG (520.46 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
disco 006.JPG
disco 006.JPG (532.1 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
peugeot 201 018.JPG
peugeot 201 018.JPG (479.98 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
Now for the stuff I bought and is still here. First up the Red turbo R I love this car and it will be staying unless I get a really good offer. Then the clio which just does car stuff. The 806 is finally replaced with the boring old Dispatch and we have the DKW that replaced the Panhard.
crap clio.jpg
crap clio.jpg (130 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 248.JPG
2020 248.JPG (749.19 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
2020 347.JPG
2020 347.JPG (476.32 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
Can't find a picture of the Dispatch but it is white and boring. Next were the 2 last min purchases of the Fiat and the black Turbo R
94554510112cb9fa1af63d923efd2c8f90a7374e.jpg
94554510112cb9fa1af63d923efd2c8f90a7374e.jpg (83.01 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
blackturbor.jpg
blackturbor.jpg (384.6 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter