work experience

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

work experience

Post by nebuchenezer »

Calling all Somerset based Wobbers.

A friends grandson (15 but nearly 16) finished school today. He is totally obsessed with motors and is going to college in September to study motor mechanics. He has always had an obsession with cars but has had little chance to realise that. He's looking for work local to where he is. He's not fussed about what he does but anything to help out in a garage business be it car washing/prep, assisting with mechanicals etc.

Obviously he knows bugger all about the mechanical side of cars but he is adamant that he wants experience and is quite happy to work for free as long as he learns something.

His name is Jack and he lives in Taunton so I would appreciate it if any of you Somerset based wobbers could give him a chance.

Looking at you @Panhard and you @SIC

If I still lived in the Southwest I happily pay his bus fares. In fact I will pay his bus fares if you can accommodate him.

Thanks,

Angus
panhard65

Re: work experience

Post by panhard65 »

I will pm you
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

nebuchenezer wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:49 pm Calling all Somerset based Wobbers.

A friends grandson (15 but nearly 16) finished school today. He is totally obsessed with motors and is going to college in September to study motor mechanics. He has always had an obsession with cars but has had little chance to realise that. He's looking for work local to where he is. He's not fussed about what he does but anything to help out in a garage business be it car washing/prep, assisting with mechanicals etc.

Obviously he knows bugger all about the mechanical side of cars but he is adamant that he wants experience and is quite happy to work for free as long as he learns something.

His name is Jack and he lives in Taunton so I would appreciate it if any of you Somerset based wobbers could give him a chance.

If I still lived in the Southwest I happily pay his bus fares. In fact I will pay his bus fares if you can accommodate him.

Thanks,

Angus
I'm not a mechanic or work in a garage! I don't really know of anyone except my local garage and I don't know them that well enough to ask.
nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

Post by nebuchenezer »

panhard65 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 pmI will pm you
Replied and thank you
nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

Post by nebuchenezer »

SiC wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:00 pm
nebuchenezer wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:49 pm Calling all Somerset based Wobbers.

Thanks,

Angus
I'm not a mechanic or work in a garage! I don't really know of anyone except my local garage and I don't know them that well enough to ask.
No worries but thanks for replying