1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Talk about your cars etc here
User avatar
John F
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:52 pm
Location: Yr Hen Ogledd
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by John F » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Carriage
Return
F
T
fucking
W
:-)
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1986 Honda CBX750F

Running but need fettling:
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F
1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
User avatar
Junkman
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am
Location: The Parallel Universe of R16 Ownership
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by Junkman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 am

Remind me, Angryside, when did you drop it off at the shop and what was the initial repair order?
"Britons too stupid to vote correctly," says Juncker.
User avatar
Hooli
Site Admin
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:25 pm
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 323 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by Hooli » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:30 am

John F wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm
Carriage
Return
F
T
fucking
W
:-)
Carriage
Fucking
Re
Turn!
Self-appointed Internet God
User avatar
quietside
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 am
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by quietside » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:16 am

Junkman wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 am
Remind me, Angryside, when did you drop it off at the shop and what was the initial repair order?
Late June.

Fix rear axle and ABS sensor to pass MoT.

Brake line and rear cylinder needed doing. Cat then got nicked.

They couldn't get the ABS sensor then they couldn't get the ABS cog and here we are now about fucking 7-8 weeks later and I'm down a months' tax and insurance on the cunt.
quietside wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm
I am an angry shithead.
User avatar
Junkman
Posts: 2424
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am
Location: The Parallel Universe of R16 Ownership
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by Junkman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 am

Am I correct in assuming that even if the parts were ordered at ECP, and who sane in mind would even try to order Jeep parts from them, the garage had ample opportunity to obtain them elsewhere given the time they availed themselves?

I checked and the parts required are readily available from countless sources.
"Britons too stupid to vote correctly," says Juncker.
User avatar
quietside
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 am
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by quietside » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:16 am

Junkman wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 am
Am I correct in assuming that even if the parts were ordered at ECP, and who sane in mind would even try to order Jeep parts from them, the garage had ample opportunity to obtain them elsewhere given the time they availed themselves?

I checked and the parts required are readily available from countless sources.
Yes. I ended up buying the ABS sensor for them from World Car Spares in Lincoln because they kept ordering bits from eBay for some unknown reason.
That reminds me, I need to send the other one back for a bit of a refund.
quietside wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm
I am an angry shithead.
User avatar
John F
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:52 pm
Location: Yr Hen Ogledd
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by John F » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:42 am

Hooli wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:30 am
John F wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 pm
Carriage
Return
F
T
fucking
W
:-)
Carriage
Fucking
Re
Turn!
Yank pronunciation of "return", Andy? I'm surprised at you, and a little disappointed.
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1986 Honda CBX750F

Running but need fettling:
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F
1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
User avatar
Hooli
Site Admin
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:25 pm
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 323 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by Hooli » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Only to annoy you John ;)
Self-appointed Internet God
DodgeRover
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:24 pm
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by DodgeRover » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Everybody is showing their ages as nobody has asked what carriage return is.....
User avatar
Hooli
Site Admin
Posts: 2016
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:25 pm
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 323 times

Re: 1994 Jeep and other vehicles.

Post by Hooli » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:17 pm

DodgeRover wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 pm
Everybody is showing their ages as nobody has asked what carriage return is.....
ASCII code 13.

Is it bad I knew that from memory?
Self-appointed Internet God
Post Reply