What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: What did you do today?

Post by SiC »

Yeah it literally took forever. I left it running and did something else.

I used a better SD card reader than the one provided as that was chronically slow too. You probably could have got away with using as is without updating.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

It's finished 5 mins after posting. I had a play with it when I first got it. I've never used it since. I'm going to have a play tomorrow.
What can I use it for on the tt?
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

It's for figuring out why another warning light has turn on again! It can't do coding and changing of settings, only much more expensive tools can do that like VCDS. I have a VCDS and tbh there isn't much that can be changed. Not like newer VAG where there are all sorts of other options that can be enabled.

It can do a few calibration changes but there isn't much on the TT. Except throttle body adaptation (after cleaning) and headlight aim recalibration on your Xenons.

Do a full system code scan and see what errors are stored. Would be interesting to see why the ESP light came on at least.

I usually do the autovin scan option as it's the quickest way of auto selecting the model. Then quick scan goes through all the modules to check each for faults and gives a summary for each module. Go into the module to find the faults associated with it.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

SiC wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:03 pm Would be interesting to see why the ESP light came on at least.
Partner googled it while I was driving and it's a case of tadts. It's even mentioned in the user manual where it says just cycle it on and off a few times and if it still comes back then take it to the dealer.
Vag quality.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Yes it will clear but the light will come on for a reason with a code stored behind it though.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Reading the codes on the van and the neighbour came out and asked me if I wanted a go of his porsche. Highly modified twin turbo with 650bhp but luckily 4x4. Dead easy to drive normally and more comfortable than the TT. But put your foot down and fuck me. Never drove anything like it. Unreal. He said 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Attachments
20230108_132249.jpg
20230108_132249.jpg (692.05 KiB) Viewed 296 times
20230108_135909.jpg
20230108_135909.jpg (336.83 KiB) Viewed 296 times
20230108_135935.jpg
20230108_135935.jpg (805.11 KiB) Viewed 296 times
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Took the dogs out first thing in the Merc, fook me it was a tad chuffin' blowy up at the park but, the Merc is back to its good old dependable self, parking sensors working and no ESP nonsense to spoil my day. I was happy to consider parking it up again for a few more days.

But it was cold and windy and I was feeling... lazy so left well alone.

However, I received a text from a friend asking for a lift to Kwik Fit (of all places!) so I had to swap cars after all as a 6'3" mate, insane Bella and fat Chester in an SLK is hardly a winning combination.

He's normally pretty savvy but took his car to the aforesaid place for a puncture and finally got the car back with two new front tyres, new front discs and pads, tracking... I have a (possibly) irrational dislike of Kwik Fit as they tried it on with a very young Xtriple by telling me that both front suspension struts were fucked and needed instant replacement as they would never pass an MOT... I did actually tell them it had passed the week before and the oil on them was WD40 I'd sprayed around to try and protect it a bit... But they were having none of it and tried to stop me from taking the car away as it was 'dangerous'!

Anyway, it was nice to be back in the Jag and nicer when I went to the petrol station and filled it up and E10 was only (!) £1.43 -per litre so the mutts got to go for a ride in the Jag and then another trot around the park. What a good daddy I am!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

That reminds me, mine needs tracking and balancing as it's got a slight vibration recently.

It won't be done at shitfit though.
Private signature, do not read
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I've had mixed experience with Kwik-Fitup. Took my first Granada in for one of their "Winter Checks" which is asking for a buttfucking really but they didn't disappoint with a huge list of "advised work". I got them to change the pads but leave the fucking discs alone and took it away.

Didn't go near them again until about 4 Grannies later when I was on holiday in Devon and the car had a distinct thump from the back end. I didn't fancy chancing it back home 4 up with full bootload and the only place I could find was K-F. "We'll start with a full wheel balance" he says but to his credit he ran his hands all over them and found a goose-egg right by the rim on an inner rear sidewall. Didn't even quote for tyres, just whipped the spare on for me and charged absolutely nothing.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

paulplom wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:07 pm Reading the codes on the van and the neighbour came out and asked me if I wanted a go of his porsche. Highly modified twin turbo with 650bhp but luckily 4x4. Dead easy to drive normally and more comfortable than the TT. But put your foot down and fuck me. Never drove anything like it. Unreal. He said 0-60 in 3 seconds.
Looks fab that does, it was one of these that gave me a fright on my R1, I seriously did not expect it to be keeping up with me on the way to 175mph.
CBA