Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
cuntbuster

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. MAN Vs DPF

Post by cuntbuster »

I would work your arse off but make payments at the agreed rate and chuck the surplus earnings into a separate pot for calling upon if suddenly required.
Last edited by cuntbuster on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who you gonna call
cuntbuster

Post by cuntbuster »

That way you can still throw it back if it fucks up after 12 weeks.
Who you gonna call
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

This seller seems to have a lot of replacement runners for the Peugeot Expert
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325472620862

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225241778482

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224606032697

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224557940307

Is it they've just worn out and now the rollers are small enough to drop out the guides?
christine

Post by christine »

Fucking how much ? Now look at repacement T4 rollers ......
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

christine wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:45 pm Fucking how much ? Now look at repacement T4 rollers ......
20 yoyos...Polski outlet

https://www.automotoparts.eu/en/183-expert

Google: portes composants pour peugeot expert
Undercover Shitter

Post by Undercover Shitter »

cuntbuster wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:19 am I would work your arse off but make payments at the agreed rate and chuck the surplus earnings into a separate pot for calling upon if suddenly required.
This is the way to do it. Without sounding too much like NewPod, earn the money, pop the surplus into a savings account, and pay it off at the agreed rate whilst making money off the interest on the rest (granted, it'll only be a few quid a month, but it's still better than in the other guy's pocket and leaves a bit readily available if there are issues.)
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

cuntbuster wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:19 am I would work your arse off but make payments at the agreed rate and spend anything left over on sensible things like coke and hookers
FTFY
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

OK then. Picture the scene, it's 12.40am and I'm sent a six seater job for a 2am pick up in Chester. I defiantly bell my oppo and say that as this booking is 2 hrs 20 mins away despite being only a 22 minute drive from where I am is he expecting me to push the cab to Chester? He promptly schools me about the difference between GMT and BST.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Today was financially the worst day I've had in the fortnight I've had the cab. I suppose one bad shift in two weeks isn't too bad. Maybe it was my method of working? Who knows? Anyway, tomorrow's another day.

In other cabbing news, I was given a wheelchair job from the local hospital taking an OAP back to her nursing home with her care assistant. I must have been a bit heavy handed with the ramp as I managed to pull it straight out of its mountings! I managed to somehow shove it back in but was shitting myself when I was wheeling the pensioner into the cab in case it gave way. I must have fixed it OK as I've not had any issues since.

In the wee small hours of today I was flicking through the upcoming bookings on my PDA and noticed that there was a 4.25am booking that required an estate car. Figuring that any booking at this time requiring an estate car would be an airport job I belled the oppo to see if my E7 qualifies as an estate car. She said it does so I decided to sit in that zone to grab the job.

When the job offer flashed up on my PDA 20 minutes before the booking time I knew it'd be an airport job as they always drop early to give the driver a chance to buy fuel and sure enough, it was going to MAN. I arrive bang on time at the pick up address and meet the punters. They're an elderly couple with six cases and are flying from MAN to LHR to catch a flight to Miami. Looking at the amount of luggage they had, a Focus or Astra estate wouldn't have been capable of fitting all that in without a game of Samsonite Tetris.

Once loaded up we set off. Just up the road, I hit the Waze navigation on my PDA so I can give them an ETA. Waze says that the ETA is 5.55 am due to the M56 being closed between J7&5. My punters now shit themselves as they booked their taxi at 4.25 am on the basis that the journey would take 50 mins. I tell them that I'll do my best and set off. I really didn't want to thrash the E7 so drive in a way that gives the impression that I'm pushing it harder than I am, throwing it a bit sharper into roundabouts and being a bit more fierce with the clutch.

The good thing about the E7 is that the punters can't actually see the speedo and know how fast I'm driving, also as it's essentially a van, people's perception of speed is a little clouded. I mean, how often does the general public get to ride in the back of a commercial vehicle?

Luckily for my passengers, the Highways Agency opened the M56 ten minutes early and we made it slightly ahead of schedule. I git a fiver tip for my efforts.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I generally try to make trips to MAN as economically as possible. Anyway, I don't want to scare my passengers! One exception was when we had the account with the now defunct Norse Merchant Ferries which involved having to take the Italian crew from the ships moored in Birkenhead back to Manchester Airport, usually on a Friday or Saturday evening when doing a distance airport job isn't exactly profitable. Fortunately, these Wop sailors weren't in the slightest bit squeamish about a bit of speed and were happy to sit in the back of a 2.0 LX Mondeo being caned along the M56.

It was always a buzz to hear them shout "duecento chilometri" whilst they swigged from a bottle of red wine on the back seat.