Stupid questions about motorised conveyances

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: Stupid questions about motorised conveyances

Post by Eddie Honda »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:29 pm Yeah, I could indeed fix it firm - the arms would still swivel - but I am reluctant to do so in case it gets twatted and just breaks the head instead of mis-aligning it. What's needed is the correct degree of flex without showing me my rear wheel arch every time the wind blows the wrong way.
TADTS
Screenshot_2023-04-14-14-35-52-124_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2023-04-14-14-35-52-124_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg (120.14 KiB) Viewed 608 times
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Funnily enough I was just coming to that conclusion - build up the balls. Never fails, building up one's balls. Thank you Mr Eddie.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Whatever
FLID!

Post by Whatever »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:49 pm Funnily enough I was just coming to that conclusion - build up the balls. Never fails, building up one's balls. Thank you Mr Eddie.
If you can get your balls out !! With out doing damage to anything , try cutting the finger tips off a rubber glove and stretching them over the ball , reassemble the ball / socket then cut off the excess .
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I found tightening the nuts on the end of my balls fixed my floppy transit mirrors
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Wait for the fire and the mirrors will melt to the arms
Private signature, do not read
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I need the mirrors to stay put to check for fire....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

How do you use a 'Claybar'? I keep seeing mention of them being the canines conkers for the paintwork and so I bought one. However, I have never used it since it seems counter-intuitive to use clay on your paintwork. I am obviously missing something (Intelligence probably) so I am keen to be educated.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

xtriple wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:56 pm How do you use a 'Claybar'? I keep seeing mention of them being the canines conkers for the paintwork and so I bought one. However, I have never used it since it seems counter-intuitive to use clay on your paintwork. I am obviously missing something (Intelligence probably) so I am keen to be educated.
Blu-Tac works just as well.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

Warren t claim wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:05 pm
xtriple wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:56 pm How do you use a 'Claybar'? I keep seeing mention of them being the canines conkers for the paintwork and so I bought one. However, I have never used it since it seems counter-intuitive to use clay on your paintwork. I am obviously missing something (Intelligence probably) so I am keen to be educated.
It doesn't.

Mr XTriple just wash the car thoroughly then use a solution of mild soapy water in a trigger spray and draw/rub the bar across wet paintwork in small sections, when it gets dirty and contaminated fold and repeat, and repeat and repeat, if you drop the bar its fucked as it'll pick up grit that you then rub into the paintwork.

You can get clay mitts which are much easier to use and almost as effective.
CBA
fraser

Post by fraser »

Jazoli wrote:
Warren t claim wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:05 pm
It doesn't.

Mr XTriple just wash the car thoroughly then use a solution of mild soapy water in a trigger spray and draw/rub the bar across wet paintwork in small sections, when it gets dirty and contaminated fold and repeat, and repeat and repeat, if you drop the bar its fucked as it'll pick up grit that you then rub into the paintwork.

You can get clay mitts which are much easier to use and almost as effective.
Don't forget that it will initially feel like rubbing sandpaper across the paint. When it starts gliding across, then that section is done.
It strips everything off the paint, so you need to rewash, polish and wax.

Sent from my RMO-NX1 using Tapatalk