Mini Memories. What are yours?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
FhakeConcern
Cycle Cunt

Re: Mini Memories. What are yours?

Post by FhakeConcern »

Reading this thread got me thinking maybe I should get another 1275GT so on ebay and find a Tara Green one...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166322453601 ... R4rCwobQYg

Well maybe not then! However what it does do is highlight how spoiled we are when it comes to buying cars now with every picture you can imagine on the internet and communication with the seller just a click away.
When I bought the first 1275GT it was after weeks of buying Exchange & Mart plus Autotrader each Thursday and looking through tiny smudged print. This advert also had a tiny smudged black and white photo as well, but the description said colour “Racing Green” so I was quite surprised when it was bright metallic green...
After I sold it I had to wait even longer for a black one to turn up that wasn’t sold when I phoned up. I went to view one in North London somewhere on an estate of council flats. It took me a while after I got there before I realised the seller had arranged for about a dozen potential buyers to turn up to view at the same time! I fucked off back to South London as soon as I twigged, forget getting into a bidding war.
This looks nice though...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305100618618 ... R4rCwobQYg
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

I prefer Minis to remain in my memory banks tbh. Great times, never to return.
Max Thunder

Post by Max Thunder »

8-) Hi
Never actually owned one but have picked a couple up ere n there and weighed them in.

Passed my driving test in one . Can't remember the reg. Though it wouldn't have been a normal British plate. 1000 cc and black. Belonged to the firm I was serving for. None of that civilian dual control thingy either. Got sent on a week's driving course in 1980. The Corporal instructor told us that they were going to get the first of the Army Austin Metros later that year.

When I was in Berlin a mate Greg the Red bought one off a bloke in the Raf. It was Rhd and Orange. I picked it up from it passing it's Bfg (Forces Mot) test. Drove back in the rain during which the wipers only worked occasionally and then I lost all the lights including indicators. Which was interesting.

Later on bac in civvy street in the early 90s I had a mate Bill (The Fossil Rip) who did up Minis when they were just cheap runabouts. Use to pick some for him from the Auctions etc with my trailer . Bill had a trade plate (singular) but it was 1,Registered to a local Scania dealer 2 ,Date expired. 3, Had been found by Quiet Kim in a ditch. But would pass a glance from the Rozzers but not anything closer.

Went to Bedford Car Auctions where he bought 2 Minis 1 a Clubman estate. The Clubman fuel gauge said it was empty but the other Mini looked to have half a tank which was good for a auction shitter.

Yeah I know now. :roll: So Clubman on trailer Other Mini n Bill n trade plate in front . Went the country way home in the dark and about 3 miles from home Bill ran out of fuel still showing half a tank. Put a gallon in but the battery was on its way out .Who would have thought it an auction car with a duff battery.

So out with the tow strap onto the trailer and I towed both bac behind my T(rusty) Transit .Bill had no lights but he did put the trade plate in the bac window
I "might" have done this a few times over the years.
8-) Hi ...I might be wrong but I won't be.