Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. Bonnet bellend. The true story.

Post by Warren t claim »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:12 pm Don't forget the ULEZ & CC tolls, did you manage to pick up a return ride?
How much was the ride down?
I rang TFL. A hack doesn't have to pay the CC but I'll have to cough up for the ULEZ. The job was paid at the usual reduced hospital tariff.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:05 pm It almost seems to know the way to St George's Hospital by itself!
Whaddayamean almost? Of course it know's where it's going because if it didn't, you'd be lost...Ringo. :lol:
cuntbuster

Post by cuntbuster »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:07 pm work1.png
M6 Toll?
Who you gonna call
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

cuntbuster wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:25 pm
Warren t claim wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:07 pm work1.png
M6 Toll?
£8.80 well spent.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Although it hurts me to say this. I'm actually starting to bond with this TX. I've no idea why because it's not the best TX in the world, come to think of it it's not even the best TX I've ever had! 

I think the best way to put it into words is by saying that if I'd been paying £100 a week to rent this TX when my E7 was up for sale I may never have bought my E7.
Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert »

You've spent so long trying to talk LBF into one you've talked yourself into one.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Uncle Albert wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:58 pm You've spent so long trying to talk LBF into one you've talked yourself into one.
Many a true word spoken in jest.
Asimo

Post by Asimo »

Amazing. Are you back home yet?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

One week 1200 mile report.

Very little to share with you really. It does not use any oil or water and starts first time. The odo/trip meter decided to come to life for two minutes displaying 507,000 and 1226 miles. I've replaced a few interior light bulds that didn't work when I got the cab. Most of them had been switched for LEDs but I put regular bulbs in the yellow FOR HIRE and blue HIRED light next to the NSF door. The driver's cabin has two interior lights and the one above the partition wasn't working so I put a new bulb in. Sadly, now the light seems to want to break free and bungee jump at least once a day.

A common TX fault is corrosion in the side mounting brackets for the back bumper meaning the need to drill a hole and secure with a coach bolt. Mine's no exception, but the rust has gone so far as even the coach bolt breaking loose from what's left of the metal. Now bodged with Gaffa tape until tomorrow when a plate can be welded in.

The lack of a working radio has been overcome by streaming audio through a small Bluetooth speaker which by sheer coincidence is a perfect fit for the cupholder. The intercom issue of not being able to hear the passengers but they can hear me is annoying. Clearly fixing this would be a nightmare as a previous owner has worked around the problem by drilling holes in the partition!

The LTI taximeter isn't as quick to respond as the meter fitted in my E7 needing a firm press to switch modes. The extras button only counts up in 10p increments unlike in the E7 where there are two buttons, one for £1 and the other for 10p. This means that I have to tap the extras button 90 times if I'm dropping off at JLA! At least the LTI meter has a feature to add the extras to the total at the end of a trip and also scrolls GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING when switched on.

Customer reactions have been mixed. Some whine about how much the TX rattles and isn't as roomy as an E7 or Vito but other punters prefer it. I must admit that it is great not to have to extend the E7 side step for elderly passengers and constantly hop in and out to close a sliding door.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I do enjoy reading your taxi tales Mr claim. Any news on the E7 or still poling about in the TX?