What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Re: What did you do today?

Post by xtriple »

Parked the driver's door of the Jag in the mud this morning, this upset me greatly (as paranoid) but I couldn't clean it off as dogs were waiting non-to-patiently. When I got home and eventually remembered (old you see) I went out and cleaned the corner of the door, and just to make sure that no corrosion starts I got out the touch-up pens.

However, there was a constant and persistent drip from the bottom of the door which meant I couldn't find an opportunity to daub paint around. I pulled the rubber seal around the bottom of the door and out poured (and I mean, poured!) several pints of water! While this was draining I went around the other doors, backs both fine, passenger front was just as bad, water streamed all down the road.

Eventually, the drips stopped and I was able to smear paint on the under edge of the door corner. I don't think it actually had any paint damage but better safe then sorry!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

It'll be quicker now you've drained the optional swimming pools.
Private signature, do not read
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Finished the velosolex 1010. Just waiting on a couple of springs to turn up then can fire it up. Had the engine firing up on the petrol by pouring 2 stroke mix down the carb so I know it should run. The previous owner who painted the frame did a shit job as it marks really easily and looks like no primer was used. Doesn't bother me much as I prefer the just dug out the hedge look personally. Anyway couple of pictures for you to take the piss out of. Little projects like this will hopefully stop me going insane over winter.
IMG_20231111_154308792.jpg
IMG_20231111_154308792.jpg (594.37 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
IMG_20231111_154255741.jpg
IMG_20231111_154255741.jpg (624.28 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

That is pretty cool really. At school our French teacher mademoiselle Saulnier, Parisienne, bad breath, hairy armpits and almost definitely clopper, had one. Much to the amusement of a bunch of ‘70’s school kids in the east End of london. She redeemed herself later by getting a Yamaha DT175.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

What a wonderously wank pile of shit, it's so bad it's almost good. Even front wheel drive for maximum gayness.

Looks pretty tidy there though & as you say it keeps you busy so good on ya. We expect to see burn out vids with you dragging a locked rear wheel up the lawn like a scrote in a 1.0 Corsa around McPuke carparks.
Private signature, do not read
angrydicky
The TDW Ancient Crock Appreciation Club (official) Chairman

Post by angrydicky »

Picked up a ‘new’ engine for my A35 from the chap I got the A30 from. Also bought a big box of nos wheel cylinders and kits and there’s some very useful BMC/Rootes stuff in there I can use. Got a load of brake shoes thrown in too.
He’s got three old tractors and a car transporter trailer he wants to sell as well. I’m waiting for a price on the trailer and my dad wants one of the tractors. They’re all rough 50s/60s examples without cabs, stored outside but all do run and drive apparently. One is a Fergy with a useful front loader attachment. There’s an International Harvester and I can’t remember what the third one is. Interesting though.
B5B8D16A-DA5F-47AE-A478-BD986DED526E.jpeg
B5B8D16A-DA5F-47AE-A478-BD986DED526E.jpeg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 1013 times
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

angrydicky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:51 pm Picked up a ‘new’ engine for my A35 from the chap I got the A30 from. Also bought a big box of nos wheel cylinders and kits and there’s some very useful BMC/Rootes stuff in there I can use. Got a load of brake shoes thrown in too.
He’s got three old tractors and a car transporter trailer he wants to sell as well. I’m waiting for a price on the trailer and my dad wants one of the tractors. They’re all rough 50s/60s examples without cabs, stored outside but all do run and drive apparently. One is a Fergy with a useful front loader attachment. There’s an International Harvester and I can’t remember what the third one is. Interesting though.

Expect messages from Drum, Cros and probably others regarding the tractors.
It's at least couple of days since Drum bought something.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I've always wanted a Fergie. Missus likes them too.

I have room in the garden for one but literally no use. I'd get it started, drive around the garden destroying the grass and then park it up to become an ornament.
Won't particularly be fun to drive on the road and I have no field to get proper use out of it.
angrydicky
The TDW Ancient Crock Appreciation Club (official) Chairman

Post by angrydicky »

The third tractor is a Nuffield, just remembered. He loaded the engine into the trailer using the Fergy's front loader. It sounded pretty good!
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

LynehamHerc wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:00 pm
angrydicky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:51 pm Picked up a ‘new’ engine for my A35 from the chap I got the A30 from. Also bought a big box of nos wheel cylinders and kits and there’s some very useful BMC/Rootes stuff in there I can use. Got a load of brake shoes thrown in too.

Expect messages from Drum, Cros and probably others regarding the tractors.
It's at least couple of days since Drum bought something.
Just been keeping quiet about them!

Nothing big or exciting though. Half a dozen broken petrol strimmers and a J.A.P. engine all for £8, and a nice old chainsaw. Japanese Echo. I have a newer Echo on the fleet of chainsaws and really like it. Big old Honda lawnmower too. Some other old tat as well.