Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. Gen Z pricks

Post by AMCrebel »

Seems like a fucking challenging way to make a living but it’s entertaining reading.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. Off The Road Again

Post by Warren t claim »

Well, where do I start? Today started just like any other Friday, I certainly didn't think that it'd be the day where I had to put in a claim for UC. I phoned my taxi insurance broker to make my weekly payment. I was asked if I'd updated my picture on my driving licence and I said yes. The problem is that I didn't go to the Post Office to get a new picture until the day after my last pic expired. I honestly didn't think that it'd be a big deal but apparently now the insurance company won't cover me until my new licence arrives! If I'd have gone to the PO the day before they'd have accepted the slip from the PO. Did the broker tell me this last Friday? Did they **** as like! Out of curiosity, I phoned Avis to see if they'd rent me a van with just a PO slip and they said yes! I'm now totally screwed until the DVLA send me my new licence. I phoned the DVLA and apparently they've not got my application yet and told me I may have to wait a few weeks. This is despite the lady in the PO saying that I should get it back in a week! I really can't go on living my life like this. I just want to work doing the job I enjoy doing.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Oh that’s a fucker.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Bloody hell Warren you must have slaughtered millions of nuns and kittens in a previous life.

I'd escalate it with the insurance company, you've got nothing to lose (I hope). It must be a fairly regular occurrence.

Anyway, good luck.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Phoned the DVLA this morning to see how my new licence is getting on. After getting through to a Welsh human remarkably remarkably easily I was told that it had been completed and is in their post room waiting to be posted out. The bad news is that Royal Fail has given them a 2-3 week delivery time!!! How the fuck is that? Five minutes later the lady in my insurance brokers phones me to say that she's tracked my application via some sort of app and as my licence has been issued I could go back on cover if I want. Fuck yeah! TAKE MY MONEY!!!! Back on the road at last.

All good but a couple of hours ago a mate phones me asking if I could ghost a private hire car he's shook hands on and wants to rent out. I reluctantly agree because it's a lot of aggro for me just to earn a tenner a week. I ask him what car it is and he says that he's paying £4500 for a 14 plate Jag XE 2.0D. I am trying by best to talk him out of the deal.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Me. Did you know that a PH car can only be plated up to 10 years old?
Mate. No? Sefton doesn't have an age limit. I'll plate it there.
Me. True, but Sefton insist on any car getting plated for the first time is less than eight years old.
Mate. Fuck.

Let's assume that the Jag is 9 years old. It has a rental value of £100 pw or £5200 per annum. That leaves £700 profit. Out of that it'll need two six moth tests and plates which will cost £250 assuming it passes first time. Along with that it'll need at least four services which on the Ingenium lump are EXPENSIVE! At ten years old he could apply to the council for a six month beggars plate extension but no way will the council grant him one of those if it's in my name due to me having another licenced vehicle. The only profit margin I can see in this is maybe the £2000 he could sell the Jag for in a years time.
Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert »

£2,000 will probably cover the repairs when it does an Ingenium and shits itself.
AMCrebel

Post by AMCrebel »

City of Wolverhampton do up to 16 years old

https://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/licenc ... le-licence

Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/2394 ... q4_aOOhjJ4

Pay rise time and people are up in arms.

The new tariffs are being brought in as hackney carriage drivers, represented by Unite the Union, said costs for insurance and tyres had dramatically increased as well as the need to earn a living as food prices increase. This was approved by a Wirral Council regulatory and general purposes committee but is subject to public consultation over 14 days.

Gary Gregory, representing around 85 drivers for Unite, said: “In a perfect world, you wouldn’t put the fares up,” adding: “We’ve been hit recently with a massive increase in insurance. For some reason motor insurance has gone up 30% but public hire has gone up by 45%.” He also pointed to increasing food prices.

Wirral has 170 hacks working the streets and no way are half of us in the union.

Gary Gregory is a bitter and hateful cunt at the best of times. He's still bitter about the plate delimiting 20 years ago.
AMCrebel

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. Pay rise time.

Post by AMCrebel »

So will the non-union drivers turn down the rise?