Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. MG6 day tomorrow!

Post by Warren t claim »

It'll be interesting to gauge the reaction from my older passengers. When I arrive at a fare the callback texts the passenger the make, model, reg number, plate number, colour and my name. I can imagine a few of my elderly punters expecting to be picked up in a black MGB GT! I'm already braced for the endless comments from OAPs about the MGB/Midget/Magnette that they owned back in the 60s and 70s.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Swapped insurance over. Broker asked me to repeat the reg number as "that number's coming back as an MG"
Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert »

What can possibly go wrong?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

They aren’t my cup of tea, but I see new MG stuff everywhere. I’ve looked at a few close up and they could teach Mercedes a thing or two about how to paint a car. They seem to be very well put together.

MG is the Trojan Horse for the GBOL car invasion that’s going to absolutely arsefuck the European mnfrs. Ford might as well give up now.
FhakeConcern
Cycle Cunt

Post by FhakeConcern »

When I worked at a school in Greenwhich (2013/14) another teacher had a black MG6 which must have been pretty new at the time. I found out who he was and made a point of talking to him about it, but he was confused why I was interested. To him it was just a cheapish new car and MG meant nothing to him.
I'm interested in this one though!
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I bet it has something plugged into the obd put by this time tomorrow to keep resetting the warning lights in case of a council spot check...
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:24 am I bet it has something plugged into the obd put by this time tomorrow to keep resetting the warning lights in case of a council spot check...
Insulation tape to the rescue.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Update time.

Purely because TDW is a fucking nightmare to post via a mobile I've had to wait until I'm home to bring this thread up to date.

819 miles covered. One blown tyre and now I've managed to dislodge the undertray driving through some standing water.

Further details to follow.
mg5.png
mg5.png (135.71 KiB) Viewed 14556 times
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

At about 4am I got despatched a job to collect a guy in a wheelchair. He'd originally asked to be sent a hack but out of the two overnight hack drivers one was at the airport and the other was having his cab fixed and dicking around in a Chinese MG so he was told that he'd be sent a normal car or face a long wait.

I arrive at his house and he's wheeled to the front passenger door by his mong minder who opens said door. He immediately demands that the seat be pushed back cue several arms start trying to push the seat back and search for a non existant bar to slide it back. I tell them that the seat is electric and the switches are on the side. In a huff, he gets his carer to help him in before demanding that I adjust the seat for him when he's in the MG.

As his carer is putting his wheelchair in the boot I look over and see that the person who's complaining about the lack of legroom doesn't have any legs!
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

To say this is going to be a challenging month is an understatement.

Firstly, I was behind to begin with due to missing the weekend before Xmas due to the TX playing up. This meant that I was banking on having the lucrative festive period that didn't happen. Throw into the mix having to find an extra £100 a week cab rental on top of my normal E7 payments and you can begin to see where I stand.

The E7 has to be tested and related by the end of the month which means that I'll have to find another £1500 on the safe side. There are plenty of people out there who earn less per month than the extra amount I'm going to have to find over and above my regular expenses!

And to do all of this I'm relying on a damage repaired MG6!

As my E7 has just passed its 10th birthday if I can't get it through inspection before the end of the month I lose the plate for good.

Will I manage to achieve all of this?