Camper van opinions....

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Nibblet

Camper van opinions....

Post by Nibblet »

2018 lwb Vauxhall Vivaro, 33,000 mls, very tidy cosmetically. Pretty standard camper conversion with usual sort of bed, units, carpeting, fridge, cooker. Split charging system with 12v and 240v sockets, large solar panel and full length awning. Tinted windows to barn door rear and opposite to side door and awning. No pop top.
Valuations please?
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
BusmansHoliday

Re: Camper van opinions....

Post by BusmansHoliday »

Fuck that, spend your Dosh on this ..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/motorhome- ... DP&fromsra

Otherwise look through Auto trader.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Nibblet wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:55 pm 2018 lwb Vauxhall Vivaro, 33,000 mls, very tidy cosmetically. Pretty standard camper conversion with usual sort of bed, units, carpeting, fridge, cooker. Split charging system with 12v and 240v sockets, large solar panel and full length awning. Tinted windows to barn door rear and opposite to side door and awning. No pop top.
Valuations please?
Is it a high top? The DVLA won't register anything as a camper unless it is now.
Prices are all over the place, I wouldn't know where to start.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

The DVLA do not know their own rules though. I don't worry about it, mine has been registered as a panel van since new, insurers know and don't care. The only small issue is a possible interpretation of the speed limit rules but as my vehicle is patently a camper I still don't think it matters what the DVLA think it is*.....This, after all, is the organisation that once classified a chain-drive Scammell as a "Moped"

* I concede that in the case of an automatic FP speeder I might lose the opportunity to explain but even so a chance I am prepared to take, especially as winding the thing up to 70 on a dual-carriageway (or indeed 60 on a single) is hard enough to make it unlikely....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

DodgeRover wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm
Nibblet wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:55 pm 2018 lwb Vauxhall Vivaro, 33,000 mls, very tidy cosmetically. Pretty standard camper conversion with usual sort of bed, units, carpeting, fridge, cooker. Split charging system with 12v and 240v sockets, large solar panel and full length awning. Tinted windows to barn door rear and opposite to side door and awning. No pop top.
Valuations please?
Is it a high top? The DVLA won't register anything as a camper unless it is now.
Prices are all over the place, I wouldn't know where to start.
No pop top, it looks like a plain lwb panel van apart from the tinted rear and side window and the awning. Yeah, that's why I'm asking, I have no idea about the prices. I guess it's worth what a very low mileage panel van of that age is, plus the costs of a camper conversion which I reckon is getting close to £10k for that by now.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell